Senior Analytics Product Manager
Wayfair Analytics is the engine that powers an enterprise obsessed with data. We move fast, iterating quickly on big business problems. We work smart, applying technology to unlock insights and provide outsized value to our customers. We swing big, knowing our customers won’t benefit from micro optimizations. Leveraging the largest data set for products sold in the Home space, this team treats data as an asset and determines how to maximize its business value and extend our competitive advantage.
Our Analytics Product Managers are strategic thinkers who collaborate with senior leaders across the organization to understand how data, reporting, analytical tools, and analysis will catalyze the business. As our analytics quarterbacks, they define the analytical roadmap, determine the complexion of resources needed to execute, and oversee the development of a wide range of analytical products. They move fast, adapt quickly, and leave a lasting mark through the new capabilities they champion.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with leaders of functional areas (e.g., Marketing, Operations, Merchandising) to develop complex analyses and innovative analytic solutions that lead to actionable insights that accelerate profitable growth
- Lead team(s) and develop best in class strategies and tactics that are grounded in data and insights.
- Leverage agile project management disciplines for planning and execution of analytics projects, including design, prototyping, rapid iteration, development, testing and deployment
- Proactively identify areas where advanced analytical efforts can produce a strong value add and incorporate them into the roadmap.
- Provide leadership on corporate initiatives by working with executives and acting as a thought partner with a cross functional leadership team.
- Manage and mentor associates and leaders; ensure the team is being challenged, exposed to new opportunities, and learning, while still being able to deliver on ambitious goals.
- Guide and provide feedback on prototype development by Analysts and Data Engineers, be a trusted source of data and insights for the business.
What You Have:
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills and technical abilities along with problem solving skills
- Demonstrated success influencing senior level stakeholders on strategic direction based on recommendations backed by in-depth analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience designing and implementing highly visible, complex, and innovative analytical solutions
- Experience mentoring and developing of a team of technically-savvy analysts.
- Experience with SQL (incl. Aggregate functions, joins, etc.) or structured computer programming language(s) (e.g. Python, Java, R, SAS)
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Economics, Management or other quantitative discipline field with strong academic record.
What We'd Love To See (but isn't required):
- Experience with RDBMS, Big data technology, OLAP technologies, and related BI software (SSAS, Microstrategy, Cognos)
- Experience with Python, Java, Tableau, C++
- Experience working with large and complex SQL databases
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.
Back to top