Senior Analyst, Strategic Finance - Corporate Finance
- Boston, MA
With Wayfair’s aggressive growth comes the need for strong financial partnership, planning, and support across the business. Strategic Finance works collaboratively with various business units to understand strategies, dissect trends in the customer base, and translate those into a financial model for revenue and advertising spend to develop our financial forecast. Our work provides the business with critical financial insights which directly impacts the future direction of Wayfair's fast-growing business. We enjoy tackling challenging problems and translating quantitative analyses into broader, strategic business implications.
As the Senior Analyst, you will own and lead our Forecasting & Business Planning process. Your work and insight will directly contribute to Wayfair’s incredible growth story on a global scale. You are highly analytical, data driven, detail oriented, comfortable dealing with ambiguity, and effective in balancing multiple priorities.
What You'll Do:
- You will lead and drive modeling for annual revenue and advertising spend planning process, quarterly forecast updates, and business reviews across Wayfair’s portfolio of brands
- Collaborate with Marketing, Finance, and other business units covering all revenue, variable contribution margin, and advertising performance metrics, and ensure successful end to end understanding of portfolios, processes, and planning.
- Prepare proposals to summarize findings and present recommendations to senior leadership.
- Monitor daily and weekly revenue and advertising spend performance and provide insights to Marketing and Finance leadership on a real-time basis.
- Have a desire to develop as a manager of people as the team is growing and there is the opportunity for strong performers to have a management role
Who You Are:
- BA/BS with a strong academic record; degree in Economics, a quantitative Social Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics etc. desirable
- 2+ years of work experience in investment banking, management consulting, or strategic finance
- Experience with Excel, creating pivot tables, VLOOKUPS, and using advanced formulas
- Articulate, persuasive communicator with strong negotiating skills.
- Highly collaborative, entrepreneurial self-starter who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top