Senior Analyst, People Analytics team
- Berlin, Germany
Wayfair is currently seeking a Senior Analyst to drive People Analytics for our European team. In this role, you will analyze trends across employee engagement, attrition and organizational shape to drive insights and identify opportunities to improve the employee experience. We tackle complex, big-picture problems head-on and use data and analytics to help frame talent strategy and drive decision-making. This role is on a new team so there is an opportunity to have a widespread impact and work with senior leaders to solve some of Wayfair’s toughest people questions.
The ideal candidate will have an affinity for solving business problems through innovative approaches - quantitative and/or qualitative - and will be able to keep an eye on the bigger picture while diving deep into our data sets and processes.
What You Will Do:
- Initiate and execute analyses to evaluate talent metrics using SQL, Python, and/or R
- Wrangle data across sources, communicating and justifying logic and assumptions
- Modify and innovate upon analyses, using statistics and models to derive insights
- Turn analyses into actionable data-driven insights, and make business recommendations to close gaps
- Create visualizations and dashboards to effectively facilitate ongoing monitoring of metrics using Tableau
- Present a cohesive story with data and results, crafting a storyline that is easy to follow and that resonates with a senior audience
- Respect the sensitivity, privacy, and confidentiality of candidate and employee data by adhering to best practices for data governance
- Partner with the Talent teams and other business stakeholders to design analyses that address high-level business questions related to employee learning and professional development.
- Communicate clearly and effectively across teams, levels, and leadership
What You Will Need:
- Degree in a quantitative field like Business Analytics, Data Science, Mathematics, Economics, or Statistics
- 2+ years of experience in an analytical role in a fast-paced environment (in addition to any graduate education)
- Extensive experience using Python/R and SQL to write scalable code; experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP) a bonus
- Experience with visualization tools (Tableau) preferred
- Strong demonstrated ability to solve complex and ambiguous business problems leveraging data analysis and modeling; Intuitive sense of how quantitative and technical work aligns closely with business priorities and business value
- Integrity and honesty, and, above all, a respect for complete confidentiality
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment where there can be degrees of ambiguity
- Ability to identify and succinctly summarize roadblocks and constraints, propose potential solutions, and drive towards resolution
And finally, our proposition to you!
- A competitive salary, yearly bonus, and an attractive equity package
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops, and other exciting events
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership, not only in the Berlin office but also with Boston, London, and Galway
- We offer a vast selection of classes through our learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development
- Regular company-sponsored social events to connect with your team and fellow colleagues
- An office location in the heart of the Berlin startup scene, with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters.
That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top