Senior Analyst, Direct Mail
- Boston, MA
Analyst/Senior Analyst: North America Direct Mail
Wayfair’s North American marketing team, based in Boston, owns the customer acquisition and retention channels and activities for all our US and Canadian businesses.
Direct Mail is one of our key channels to grow our customer base and strengthen loyalty. We utilize advanced analytics and data-mining algorithms to determine which print campaigns and concepts are most likely to engage prospective and existing customers, partner with our creative team to design these innovative campaigns, work with external vendors to manage them, and analyze performance metrics to influence future campaigns. At Wayfair, we believe that “we are never done”: we take an evaluative approach to everything we do, and constantly push the envelope.
Additional details -
What You’ll Do:
- Own and manage a significant share of our advertising spend
- Drive the strategy, execution, performance, and effectiveness of our Direct Mail program
- Analyze campaign efficiency & customer behavior data to report on existing initiatives
- Identify new, profitable opportunities for targeting and segmentation
- Own the end-to-end process of sending out print campaigns: selecting vendors and target groups, deciding on creative formats and printers, and reporting on efficiency and sharing learnings
- Work cross-functionally with other teams (e.g. Promotions, Creative, Data Science, Ad Tech, and Business Intelligence) to integrate your initiatives into the larger company strategy
- Negotiate with external vendors (printers, agencies, and data providers)
- Forge new vendor relationships and work with third-party partners on contract management; meet deadlines of core processes
What You’ll Need:
- 2+ years of professional experience, preferably in advanced analytics and/or project management
- A can-do attitude: you make things happen and crave impact
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, learn quickly, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills and excitement about finding patterns in data
- You love to find out how things work in detail and solve bigger problems by breaking them down into smaller parts
- Experience with data analysis and advanced Excel usage; knowledge of SQL or R is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in the Sciences, Economics, Business, or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus
- Great interpersonal skills; succinct written and verbal communication skills
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, consistent learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top