Senior Analyst, CastleGate Analytics
Do you thrive in a start-up environment? Do you have the analytical and problem-solving skills necessary to grow a business? Are you looking to come on board and make an immediate impact? If so, you would be a great fit for one of Wayfair’s fastest growing businesses, CastleGate Logistics.
CastleGate Analytics is an internal consulting group that helps drive growth, profitability and operational improvements across the CastleGate business through analytical insight and technology. As a Senior Analyst, you will apply quantitative skills to answer high-level business and strategy questions, while also leveraging data and technology to drive operational initiatives.
- Partner with various business stakeholders to understand data, business needs, and requirements
- Translate high-level business problems into more specific questions and determine the analysis needed to answer them
- Conduct big data analysis using SQL, R, Python and other software applications
- Present data with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive business strategy
- Create self-service tools for stakeholders using VBA and Tableau to enable continued monitoring of the business
- Build a 5Q forecast for CastleGate’s rapidly growing Small Parcel and Large Parcel business – partner with Account Management, Inventory Planning, and the Executive team to create a detailed, accurate forecast for 50,000+ SKUs
- Scope and implement a monitoring tool for the business that highlights, in real-time, areas of operational improvement
- Partner with Inventory Management to determine the optimal way to reduce aged inventory our network – using data analysis to identify aged items, forecast errors, while implementing a sustainable method to address issues in the future
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required, degree in Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Physics, or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus strongly preferred
- Minimum 1 - 4 years of professional experience in an analytical/consulting role preferably with supply chain, logistics, or e-commerce experience
- Experience working within large datasets and passionate about solving complex business problems
- You possess an affinity for data, and resourcefulness in obtaining data when clean and or complete information is not available
- Demonstrated ability to partner with business leaders, understand the business requirements, and deliver creative, strategic solutions
- Experience using SQL, R, Python, or other languages
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience with VBA and Tableau is a plus
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Interested in learning more? Please visit our official CastleGate website! http://www.castlegatefulfillment.com/partner_services.php
And for more information, check out this video showcasing the inner workings of our CastleGate Fulfillment network!
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top