Security Engineer - Infrastructure and Cloud Security
Wayfair is the online leader for home furnishings and decor. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 8 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more.
The Infrastructure and Cloud Security Team is responsible for protecting Wayfair’s production systems wherever they may live. We constantly seek innovative and automated ways to implement security throughout the Wayfair environment. We also thrive on generating and enriching security data for incident responders, so they are well informed about the threats we face. We are looking to bring on a junior-mid level Security Engineer who can help us maintain and grow our security technology stack as Wayfair matures and evolves. This person should be passionate about information security, highly analytical, and not afraid to implement solutions through automation and code!
Responsibilities you will be tasked with:
- Administering core security infrastructure such as SIEM, FIM, Vulnerability Scanners, and IDS.
- Deploying security tools to cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Solving tactical security problems through the use of code and automation
- Helping to implement security checks within our build and deployment pipelines.
- Advising other engineering teams on security best practices and working with them to achieve business goals.
- Responding to and remediating relevant security incidents.
Skills and experience we value:
- Bachelor's degree in IT, CS, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- 1-2 years of experience in a security or information technology related field
- Working knowledge of Python or other modern scripting language
- Familiarity with general network security principles and best practices
- Familiarity with both Windows and Linux system administration principles
- Experience with cloud solutions such as AWS, Azure, or GCP is a HUGE plus.
- Experience with containers and orchestration technology such a Docker and Kubernetes is also a HUGE plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A strong willingness to learn and tackle new challenges
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Visit our Site: http://www.wayfair.com
Read our Engineering Blog: http://engineering.wayfair.com/
Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/wayfair
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/wayfair
Check out our YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/therealwayfair
Back to top