Sales Manager Supervisor
Wayfair is seeking a solutions-oriented Sales Manager II. Reporting to the Head of Sales, this Sales Manager II is responsible for guiding change management for a team of inside sales managers, located across multiple sites, and delivering revenue and profit growth. This leader will have strong hands-on general management skills with a proven ability to drive transformation in a high-growth environment.
The Sales Manager II role is highly cross-functional, working closely with sales leadership and operations to grow our B2C sales channels.
What you will do:
- Develop, manage and coach a small team of inside sales managers and help them develop successful sales teams
- Partner with the Innovation department to think critically regarding process enablement
- Support the development and implementation of the sales vision and strategy to exceed customer experience targets and revenue goals
- Makes recommendations and/or takes corrective action to manage performance as appropriate
- Works closely with Human Resources and senior leadership to address and resolve employee issues
- Provides extensive coaching, counseling, and managing of performance
- Analyzes sales/service trends based on historical data to close performance gaps
- Reviews time off requests as appropriate to match staffing level requirements
- Responds in a professional and courteous manner to escalated customer service inquiries, requests or complaints to reach an effective resolution
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Who you are:
- Hands on and enthusiastic leadership style with excellent interpersonal skills – can connect with staff at all levels and effectively manage change
- Experience managing sales teams with demonstrated track record of results
- Able to independently manage and drive personal workload
- A competitive spirit and drive to succeed
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to close performance gaps
- Analytical and data driven
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to successfully provide relevant and immediate feedback in a fast-paced and complex environment
- College degree preferred or equivalent job-related experience
Essential Job Functions
- Ability to alternate sitting and standing throughout an 8-hour period, and sometimes longer
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and computer screen
- Ability to use a telephone headset and telephone system
- Ability to perform all above-mentioned duties with or without accommodations
- Ability to handle and solve all types of customer service issues via phone and/or email
About Sales and Service at Wayfair
The Sales and Service team is responsible for using our knowledge of the customer to deliver exceptional service and positive shopping experiences across phone, chat, social media, and other customer engagement channels. Our footprint is global with teams in Utah, Texas, Maine, Massachusetts, Ireland, UK, and Germany. Sales and Service leadership team members are equal parts general manager and innovator. We write our own playbook for success and work cross functionally with everyone from Engineering and Product to Merchandising and Category Management. We pride ourselves on delivering world-class pre- and post-sales support while always raising the bar for ourselves and the industry.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Back to top