Sales Enablement Manager
- Boston, MA
Manager: B2B Content and Enablement
Wayfair is seeking a Content and Enablement Manager with experience supporting a B2B sales organization in a fast-paced growth environment to be based in our Boston, MA office. This position will play an important role in supporting all sales channels of the B2B Business (Wayfair Professional) at all three of Wayfair’s US based B2B sales centers (Boston, Brunswick ME, Layton UT). The Manager will partner with Sales and Strategy Leadership to support training priorities to ensure the highest impact. This includes content & process creation, CMS & LMS selection and management, partnering with subject matter experts & building new content for sales skills areas and running a high performing team of enablement content specialists.
The Manager will also participate in coaching and manager development as well as other initiatives as dictated by business needs. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in sales, sales enablement and project management with experience in curriculum development and a track record of building and nurturing high performing teams.
What You'll Do
- Lead the creation and deployment of appropriate training, content/sales messaging, processes, practices, forms, and tools to support the B2B sales teams
- Support product/tool launches by preparing and enabling the sales force to understand and sell our solutions
- Responsible for aspects of foundational and continuous learning programs for sales (LMS/CMS), including but not limited to creation and deployment or delivery of on-demand learning
- Responsible for tracking and analysis of content and team impact in conjunction with B2B Insights and Strategy leaders
- Support the sales process at all stages, from lead generation through close and repeat/upsell
- Manage various sales enablement projects and coordinate sales enablement activities.
- Motivate, coach and manage a team of 3+ content specialists
- Improve training effectiveness by developing new approaches and techniques; making support readily available; integrating support with routine job functions
- Partner with existing Frontline Sales Trainers, Sr. Training Manager and B2B Development Manager to identify actionable training needs
What You'll Need
- Extensive knowledge of sales enablement technologies, processes, and best practices.
- Extensive knowledge of sales training best practices (analysis, instructional design, delivery, implementation, and evaluation)
- Extensive knowledge of modern sales methodologies, sales process, and buyer’s journey
- Extensive knowledge of sales management best practices, including pipeline management and developmental sales coaching
- General knowledge of effective hiring and selection practices for sales roles
- Expert ability to manage projects from concept to completion
- Expert ability to plan and facilitate meetings
- Strong strategic, conceptual, and analytical thinking, and decision-making skills
- High adaptability and flexibility, including the ability to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity, and change
- Highly-developed training, presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management.
- 3-5 years of direct experience in Sales Enablement and/or Sales Training required. Past experience selling B2B solutions and/or managing B2B sales teams preferred. May accept less experience with verifiable proof of delivering business outcomes (increased velocity, increased win-rates, decreased rep ramp-up time, improving sales force performance).
- Experience working in a matrix environment and managing cross-functional projects required
- Experience working in a fast-growth company or shaping your own work plan preferred
Back to top