Regional Human Resources Senior Manager
As a Regional Human Resources Senior Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating and directing HR functions and/or programs for Wayfair’s South operations. You will maintain and enhance the Human Resources department by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
The ideal candidate will be a creative, collaborative, results-oriented leader who is particularly adept at balancing multiple priorities and issues and being decisive. This role requires someone to be dedicated to developing a strong, diverse, and collaborative organization, have a strong work ethic, a passion for managing the details within a growing business and willing to contribute where necessary. To be successful in this role, candidates should have a good knowledge of local labor regulations and experience with managing complex employee relations issues.
- Set performance standards and evaluate local HR teams within the region
- Define onboarding procedures in alignment with our company culture
- Design and implement company policies that comply with our business objectives
- Ensure all HR operations adhere to legal standards
- Support staff and managers on day-to-day issues
- Coordinate with National HR Manager to craft organization-wide strategies and objectives
- Guide and advise leaders in corrective action, development plans, employee terminations, etc.
- Represent Wayfair for external employment complaints and litigation
- Make recommendations to improve employee engagement
- Administer and advise leaders regarding legal and regulatory compliance: FMLA, ADA, FLSA, EEO
- Support training and development programs
- Support performance management and compensation
- Analyze data and maintain HR metrics
- Collaborate with Wayfair HR partners within Wayfair to share and develop best practices and drive consistency of these practices
- Perform thorough investigations into harassment and ethics complaints and resolve issues as quickly as possible
- Stay abreast of changing legal and HR best practices
- Administer exit interviews and collect attrition data for practical use to improve retention
- Oversee and administer the HR role for the region including transactional and strategic HR functions
- Contribute to and maintain the unique Wayfair culture
- Ability to travel regularly - this will vary depending on site openings and growth of existing sites in the region
This position will need to be based in Bryan Texas location.
- At least 8 years in a dedicated HR role with at least 5 years of HR management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, or related field. Master’s degree a plus
- PHR or SPHR preferred
- Experience managing the HR function across multiple locations
- HR experience within a NJ warehouse preferred
- Excellent problem solver with a proven track record of driving results
- Proven ability to effectively and respectfully work with individuals at varying levels within an organization
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Products, Internet navigation, HRIS systems
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Proven ability to successfully provide relevant and immediate feedback in a fast-paced and complex environment
- Able to create, analyze, report and manipulate data as it relates to HR metrics
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to alternate sitting and standing throughout an 8 hour period, and sometimes longer
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and computer screen
- Ability to use a telephone headset and telephone system
- Ability to perform all above-mentioned duties with or without accommodations
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top