QA Automation Engineer-Backend Systems
We are currently seeking a Software QA Engineer to join our QA team. This team partners with Software Development to build, qualify and deploy Wayfair’s internal catalog of tools and systems. Our team is expanding and is an integral part of our software development cycle. You will be responsible for advocating for the quality and usability of our internal systems, be a strong partner to our Business and Engineering stakeholders, and help Wayfair customize its systems to deliver on our customer experience.
What you’ll do:
- Advocate for the quality of our internal software throughout the development cycle.
- Define, compose, and evaluate test plans.
- Write moderately complex code/scripts to test systems, implementing test harnesses and infrastructure as necessary.
- Work with business and engineering stakeholders to understand how development changes affect ongoing test automation efforts.
- Define/Implement QA process with new teams. Work on improving processes with existing teams.
- Collaborate and communicate with management and development partners regarding test status, progress and issue resolution.
- Triage test failures and produce triage reports.
- Gather metrics such as test coverage based upon automated test results.
- Creatively try to break our internal tools before the stakeholders.
- Propose design improvements and advocate for our end users.
Who you are:
- BS in Computer Science, Math or similar Engineering discipline.
- At least 3 years of experience in a Quality Engineering, or similar, role.
- At least 1 years and strong knowledge of relational databases and SQL querying tools.
- At least 1 years of strong experience with PHP or any other scripting language, including development and/or test automation experience.
- Selenium, Cucumber or any other UI automation tool knowledge.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Advanced skills with test case design and management
- Experience collaborating directly with engineering and product managers.
- Be strongly motivated to apply technical skills to solve tough problems with automation.
- Passionate about implementing best practices in testing.
- A strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize tasks and work autonomously.
- Adaptive personality and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
Back to top