Project Manager - Supply Chain (m/f)
Wayfair is a leading ecommerce business that specialize in the drop shipment of home furnishing products for the home. As our global operations expand, we are looking for entrepreneurial talent to consistently challenge and grow our business, whilst improving on customer experiences and products to our consumers.
Our Product Performance team works with key suppliers to improve their packaging and fulfillment processes, with the aim of minimizing incidences in the Wayfair Supply Chain and improving the end customer experience.
We are looking for a Project Manager, who is analytically savvy, to drive projects and initiatives that support the operational scalability of our EU business, and facilitate the development of a pan-European drop-ship fulfillment model. The daily questions we are faced with include:
- How to drop ship an assembled wardrobe from Bilbao to Berlin?
- How does a traditional carrier have to transform its business to meet the demand of the online world?
- How do we effectively communicate performance indicators to over 3000 EU suppliers?
Our Project Management function is critical in supporting the answer to these questions, managing a portfolio of major tools and system developments and process improvement projects across the company.
The successful candidate will jump head-first into cross-functional projects but also work with the support of an experienced Project Management and Analytical team. You will be required to sift through large amounts of data, drawing conclusions and interacting daily with stakeholders from several teams, including: Category Management, Warehouse Operations, Supplier Operations, Engineering, Merchandising, and more. This is a role for someone who thrives working on cross-functional projects with a “can do” attitude, the willingness to get to the bottom-of things and an eye for details.
- Develop, implement, and improve operational strategy to support business goals for incidence reduction, wider operational performance, and profitability.
- Drive a wide range of projects and initiatives, from cross-functional projects to strategic supplier outreaches
- Scope new tools or enhancements to existing solutions to improve our supplier and carrier operational management capabilities
- Manage project reports to stakeholders and senior leadership
- Prioritize competing interests and focus project plans on the highest impact activities
- Help define new and improve existing processes across functions
- This role has potential for high visibility right from the start
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent
- Sufficient commercial experience in ecommerce, Supply Chain or Logistics
- Ability to work cross-functionally and motivation to move beyond existing practices
- Innovative problem-solving skills – dissect and determine root causes of problems, and implement solutions
- Senior presence with thoughtful, articulate communication style.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills (SQL are a plus)
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-reliant and able to motivate others.
- Problem solving mindset with strict attention to detail
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top