Wayfair’s Industrial Engineering team is looking for a passionate and experienced Project Manager to join their fast-growing team. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to immediately impact the success of high-visibility initiatives that have kicked off to sustain Wayfair’s rapid growth.
Working closely with both the Industrial Engineering team and the various Warehouse Operations groups, the Project Manager's primary role is to own projects from start to finish, identify and implement “Best Practices” and “Best Methods”, support tracking of key performance indicators & initiate process improvements throughout the operation. The Project Manager will own scope, schedule and cost of various projects. Project Management experience required. Experience in warehouse or manufacturing preferred.
- Provides project management support to effectively execute projects from kickoff to completion, including coordination of resources, meetings, and feedback while diligently working to ensure all projects are on track, on time, and in scope
- Create and maintain essential management artifacts, to include Business Requirements Documents, project plans, and timelines
- Generates and assesses metrics for dissemination of trends that affect service quality and customer reviews through the use of statistics and quality engineering tools
- Knowledge of data mining techniques (SQL)
- Manage projects related to LMS, WMS and Process Improvement.
- Knowledge of Space planning and layout design (AutoCad)
- Support the development of RFPs as needed
- Work with multi-functional teams to drive projects to completion
- Perform ROI Analysis and Procurement for various supply chain solutions including hardware, software, & supporting technology
- Return on Investment / Operational audits
- Practices safe work procedures, and follows all safety rules at all times
- Travel required – 40%
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering
- 2-5 years of experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of hands on project management experience or warehouse continuous improvement in lieu of bachelor’s degree
- Detail oriented, with strong analytical and organizational skills, who is also highly results oriented and proactive
- A strong technical background with Warehouse Management Systems and Control Systems are required to be successful in this role.
- Exceptional written, visual, and verbal communication skills. Effectively communicating with business partners and senior management both local and remote
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills
- Ability to identify critical paths and execute (these may change weekly) in a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Proficient with SQL or other relational database query languages
- PMP certification, a plus
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Back to top