Profit Improvement Analyst with SQL
Wayfair is currently seeking an Analyst with a focus on Profit & Process Improvement for our European business, to join our growing Finance team in Galway.
This person will analyze our supplier and carrier costs across Europe to identify opportunities to reduce costs, ensure we’re claiming all discounts and allowances, and manage our supplier rebate programs. You will work cross-functionally to ensure that Wayfair maintains strong vendor relationships and improves operational processes and technology. The Financial Analyst must be proficient in SQL, self-motivated, dedicated, hard-working, and extremely organized.
This person will be expected to develop and oversee the successful delivery of the following:
- Profit margin analysis by supplier
- Identify cost reduction initiatives
- Work cross functionally with AP, Supplier Operations, Buyers, and Process Improvement team to implement initiatives
- Review collection of discounts and allowances per supplier contracts
- Verifying and approving vendor rebate programs
- Reviewing contract details and ensure successful execution of the program into our system
- Creating and distributing sales reports to vendors to ensure effective rebate collection
- Audit Programs on a Quarterly basis and evaluate collectability on past due receivables
- Find opportunities to enhance our Program Management System through technology and process improvement.
- Work as part of the month end close team to ensure accurate financial reporting of supplier costs
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Finance, Accounting or Business
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- High level proficiency of SQL
- Experience working in a highly detail-oriented environment
- Strong proficiency with MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Proven communication skills both on the phone and email
- Ability to stay consistently positive, people-oriented and energetic
- Strong work ethic and a history of meeting tight deadlines
- You must be eligible to work legally in Ireland and be in a position to provide confirmation of eligibility upon request’
What Wayfair Offers to our Employees:
- Health insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym Membership contribution
- Monthly Team outings
- Employee Purchase Discounts
- Bus Saver Ticket scheme
- Training Programs for continued career education
- Paid Volunteering Day
- And last but not least- free snacks!
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Note: WAYFAIR is committed to an environment that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees, and qualified candidates, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.
Back to top