Product Manager, Room Planner
At Wayfair, our Product Management team is responsible for providing the vision, execution and analysis necessary to delight customers with world class experiences on our web sites and apps. We are organized into small, focused, fully-resourced and empowered teams to operate with the speed and focus of a startup, while benefiting from the resources of an established eCommerce leader.
As a Product Manager on the Room Planner team, you’ll partner with a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, analysts, and other internal partners to envision, build, and deliver experiences that help customers visualize what their home would look like with Wayfair products. One of the most challenging problems Wayfair faces is convincing customers to buy high-ticket, tangible goods online without seeing them in person. The suite of room planning tools we’re building provide customers with the means to more realistically picture how items will look in their space.
Imagine a world where you could view a 3D representation of your home with Wayfair recommending items that match your style and fit well within your space. You can quickly swap your existing furniture for new options, or complete your space with accent and decor items. The 3D planning tool is fun and easy to use so it’s easy to get lost designing dream bedrooms, kitchens, patios, and more.
As a member of this team, you’ll be in a position to change the way people shop online for furniture and home decor. Instead of scanning pages of products, users will immerse themselves in a 3D shopping experience that accurately reflects the space they’re shopping for to make it faster than ever to find the perfect item(s). Not only will this benefit Wayfair’s large customer base of consumers, but also our rapidly growing B2B business as this will be a powerful tool for interior designers, property managers, and other businesses.
As a product manager at Wayfair, you’ll be responsible for wearing any and all hats. You will own your roadmap, maniacally measure performance, keep your pulse on the customer’s needs, anticipate bottlenecks, make tradeoffs, and take acceptable risks to maximize the benefit for our customer and business - all while having a ton of fun and learning every day.
You must be able to transform quantitative and qualitative data from our customers into insights and strategy to drive product development priorities. You will transform those strategies into technical requirements, and work closely with design and engineering to deliver site enhancements and new features at a fast pace.
Successful candidates must have a strong bias-for-action, be a consummate communicator, have direct management experience, be extremely curious and be willing to identify and fill gaps where necessary to get the job done. You will be asked to break down complex problems and back up your recommendations with quantitative and qualitative reasoning. You will be a member of a team consisting of Engineers, UX Designers and Analysts and play a central role in organizing and communicating their efforts.
How you’ll drive success:
- Product Managers at Wayfair are exceptionally strong in both quantitative and qualitative analysis, and demonstrate superior communication skills to constituents across the business.
- Utilize data to understand customer needs and behaviors as well as business objectives, and transform that knowledge into website enhancements and new features
- Using Agile methodologies, they develop software intended for our US, UK, DE and Canada sites, in addition to Wayfair’s additional lifestyle brands.
- Build and maintain roadmaps for your product(s) and insure those interests are represented amongst all Product owners within the organization to ensure the vision for your product roadmap aligns with broader company objectives
- Monitor performance of your focus area and measure impact of your product enhancements
- Determine resourcing needs for your team and make compelling requests for additions when required.
You’re who we’re looking for if:
- 3+ years experience in product management (or significant experience in related areas like product design, analytics, or engineering that would allow you to quickly learn how to be an effective cross-functional product leader)
- Passionate about and/or experience working with new 3D/AR technology
- Track record of building high-impact products
- Ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Cross-functional leadership experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer focused innovation
- Ability to multi-task and work well within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Experience managing a team is a plus
- BA with strong academic record (strong preference for quantitative, scientific, or technical backgrounds)
Back to top