Product Manager - Merchandising Systems
Operations Product Innovation is an internal product management team that seeks to make things run more efficiently and improve operational processes through the use of technology. We analyze the operations of our business (Customer Service, Outbound Sales, Product Catalog Management, Fulfillment, Warehousing, Logistics and Enterprise platforms) and find opportunities to improve customer experience, improve internal team productivity and reduce costs. Then we work with our engineering teams to build systems to realize those opportunities.
Wayfair’s Operations Product Innovation team is looking for a driven, enthusiastic business analyst to help improve operational performance. This role entails working with business stakeholders to define requirements for software projects, working with engineering to plan, QA, implement, and troubleshoot these projects, and serving as a subject matter expert to assist stakeholders in understanding the outputs increasingly dynamic system.
In This Role You Will
- Turn high-level business requirements into detailed specs for software development
- Work closely with software engineers, service management, and operations analysts to design and test new tools, design workflows, change-manage implementation, and solve problems.
- When presented with a symptom of a system issue, use SQL, data analytics, and other research tools to find patterns and help identify the root cause
- Work with engineers to effectively triage and solve problems on the fly
- Work with engineers to QA and roll out new tools or enhancements, ensuring issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiency, improve the usability of our tools, and analyze root causes
- Work cross functionally to prioritize competing interests and focus project plans on the highest impact activities
- A demonstrated record of strong project management and driving results (preferably e-commerce)
- A basic understanding of application database and system design, though no coding experience is needed
- Ability to work independently and motivated to move beyond existing practices
- Exceptional written, visual, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting
- An interest in working hard and being challenged in a fast-paced environment, while having fun doing it
- An easy-going attitude, thick skin, and a strong sense of humor
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology or business discipline
- Fun and collaborative work environment
- Limitless career growth
- Free snacks
- Casual dress code
- Paid time off
- Health/wellness programs
- Matching 401K
- Monthly team outing
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top