Procurement Manager, 3rd Party Operations
Wayfair is redefining the way customers buy online and one of the key pillars of that strategy is to create a truly differentiated customer experience for large parcel items (e.g., couches, tables, vanities).
We are looking for a Procurement Team Lead who will help lead the strategic sourcing of delivery partners and drive operational excellence throughout our Third Party Carrier network. This individual will be innovative, process driven, and have with an entrepreneurial and scrappy approach to problems. This candidate must be able to thrive in an extremely fast-paced environment with Wayfair growing at an unprecedented 50% year over year.
What you will do:
- Create and drive procurement strategy and vision to create an industry leading third party network with best in class customer service.
- Lead and develop a team of procurement analysts
- Develop applicable sourcing strategies
- Discover delivery partners who are complementary to our mission
- Engage and reengage delivery partners to build and maintain relationships
- Negotiate with outside delivery partners to obtain valuable terms and conditions
- Examine existing contracts and determine areas of opportunity
- Analyze risk and perform risk management of delivery partner base
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure delivery partners are chosen and integrated with an optimal approach
Traits and skills
- Sales and Business Development mindset with a strong desire to “win”
- Experience with contacting potential vendors, negotiating favorable rates, and converting leads to signed contracts
- Natural-born communicator – you are approachable, confident and enthusiastic. You communicate (both verbal and written) detail processes in a simple and concise manner making information easy to understand and engaging at all levels
- Detail-oriented and organized – you have an eye for detail and remember to cross your “T’s” and dot your “I’s.”
- Flexible and quick on your feet – you are comfortable speaking with people and answering questions you may not be prepared for
- Self-starter – you set goals and go after them passionately
- Rapid decision-maker – you have no problem making decisions quickly and confidently
- Execution – you have a strong ability to make a plan come to life with a creative approach quickly
- Microsoft Office Expert – you’re always being asked, “How did you do that?” when you’re working in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Experience with:
- Project Management
- Organizational Development
- Warehousing/Logistics Operations
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top