Problem Manager, Wayfair Operations Center
- Berlin, Germany
Do you have a broad technical knowledge of application development and infrastructure? Do you enjoy driving complex technical challenges to resolution and ensure they do not repeat? If the answer is yes, then the Wayfair Operations Center (WOC) has a role for you.
We are looking for an experienced Problem/Incident Manager to join our highly skilled team and help grow problem and incident management at Wayfair. This is a fast paced and evolving opportunity offering new challenges and problems to solve everyday. The ideal candidate will possess strong written and verbal communication skills, the ability to interact with leaders and stakeholders at all levels of the organization, broad working knowledge of IT infrastructure, and the ability to manage competing priorities while operating under pressure.
What You'll Do
- Provide clear and concise status updates to leadership and stakeholders
- Work with internal stakeholders to understand and scope impact
- Partner with service owners to identify and resolve root issues with the goal to prevent repeat issues
- Audit and improve on high severity incident management and problem management processes
- Manage a critical incident independently of assistance from others
- Interpret engineering graphs and monitoring to identify outliers in them
- Capture and synthesize data from noise during the write-up of a critical incident
- Build relationships with leads, managers, and other stakeholders to ensure the integration of process and principles of the Incident Management team are built in after all escalations
What You'll Need
- Broad working knowledge of IT infrastructure.
- Broad understanding of Incident and Problem Management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities and operate under pressure.
- Ability to adjust schedule based on business need
- Flexible work hours allowing interaction with various team members who will work in opposite time zones, as well as, providing on call support
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top