Wayfair, the largest online-only retailer of home furnishings and housewares in the US, is looking for a motivated Photographer for their Westborough, MA Studio. The right candidate will have interior, lifestyle photography experience, strobe lighting training, and history of working in a studio environment.
A Day in the Life
As a Photographer, you will be responsible for following the visual standards set by Wayfair and its Lifestyle brands, while refining lighting craft, gaining efficiencies, and supporting Managing Photographers.
• Photograph product and lifestyles for Wayfair.com
• Photograph for print and digital channels like social media
• Assist on location for digital and print media
• Produce video assets and stop motion animation for digital media
• Work closely with Managing Photographer to refine your technical lighting abilities on set
• Manages and completes assigned photography projects
• Responsible for detailed asset management, file naming, and image drops
• Collaborates with post production for set and merchandise challenges
• Provides peer lighting feedback and direction
• Collaborates with stylists and peers
• Maintain and organize assigned equipment responsibilities
• Collectively work well under pressure, quickly solve problems, and excel in a high-volume, deadline-driven ecommerce studio environment
• Oversee photography projects and initiatives
• Credible brand lighting resource
• Communicate clearly and be a vocal contributor to the team
• Maintain safety and organizational compliance throughout the studio
Keys to Success
At Wayfair, if you are Optimistic, Energetic, Innovative, Dynamic, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Driven, you will thrive here!
• An online photography portfolio that demonstrates experience working with strobe lighting
• Bachelor’s Degree in photography or equivalent
• 3+ years studio photography
• Advanced lighting skills such as strobe and continuous
• Knowledge of all photographic formats and files
• Knowledgeable in a variety of color management and photovideo equipment
• Technical knowledge of camera types, image processing and color temperaturebalancing
• Candidates with exposure to a high throughput environment will have an advantage
• Have experience working with Capture One, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Bridge, Acrobat, Microsoft Office, Mac OS
Nice to Haves
•Internal Wayfair application knowledge
•2 years of working in an ecommerce studio environment
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top