Wayfair.de and .co.uk has Europe’s largest online selection of furniture, home furnishings, décor and goods including more than 1.8 million products from over 3,500 suppliers across the EU and is constantly increasing.
Our Finance team in is looking for a Payroll Associate based in Berlin. The successful candidate will assist with all things payroll and be the first point of contact for employees in Germany. You will be well organized and have good attention to detail skills. Previous experience working with German payroll is advantageous but not essential, as is the ability communicate in German and English - both verbal and written. This role is a link between HR and our Payroll provider, it would suit an candidate looking to get into a finance/payroll position.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Preparation of payroll documents for our external payroll provider
- Validation and completion of month end payroll activities
- Contact person for questions/issues from employees, health insurances, tax authorities
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with team managers
- Work with HR to ensure consistent and accurate flow of information
- Create and maintain control documentation, process flows and procedures
- Reconciliation of Payroll on monthly basis & preparation of financial reporting.
- Ad hoc work as part of Finance team when required
- Sufficient German payroll experience is advantageous
- Experience with ERP systems (Datev, Netsuite) would be a bonus
- Well organised and disciplined
- Good analytical skills, with attention to detail
- Desire to take on responsibility and develop the role
- Very good knowledge of MS Office, especially advanced Excel
- Fluent in spoken and written English and German
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Of course, the usual competitive salary, bonus, office snacks and drinks but also…
- An awesome team right in the startup hub of Berlin, Kreuzberg
- A huge opportunity to be an early entrant and set the stage with us
- Career path guidance
- We want to share our company with you in stock units
- We pitch in to your gym membership and office sport events
- Monthly team events
- And let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Back to top