Order Loss Prevention Manager
The order loss prevention team is responsible for ensuring full financial recovery of all orders placed on Wayfair and avoiding any unnecessary loss. Wayfair is seeking a talented and driven leader to augment the order loss project management team in Boston, in control of monitoring and improving the processes, tools, and systems to drive bottom line growth. The two primary areas of influence are (1) fraud prevention and (2) supplier credit recovery.
Fraud prevention involves preventing, catching, and managing any inbound fraudulent behavior attempted on Wayfair. The team is tasked with managing the end to end fraud detection platform: including both automated and manual fraud identification tools, algorithms, and decisions in an effort to minimize missed fraud while maintaining a positive and frictionless customer experience and avoiding any fulfillment delays. The credit recovery process involves recouping owed credit from suppliers in the event of incidences resulting in customer refunds or replacement units that were supplier caused. The project management team is responsible for improving internal and external processes and workflows to increase net recovery rates.
As a project manager, you will be responsible for building, executing, and coordinating these improvement initiatives across a variety of business groups and delivering tangible results towards core business priorities. Day to day responsibilities include a balanced mix of in-depth data analysis, group problem solving, project coordination, and communication of progress and results. The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. Strong quantitate skills are required in order to analyze performance and efficacy of solutions, and due to the cross-functional nature of this position, effective communication, leadership, and presence are also highly valued. Structured prioritization and creative problem solving skills are also both essential.
What you will do:
- Facilitate broad improvement initiatives to deliver significant financial savings to Wayfair’s bottom line
- Partner closely with a variety of groups company-wide, particularly finance, customer service, merchandising, category management, and engineering to coordinate cross functional projects
- Contribute to the development of new tools, processes, and technology which make our team and systems more efficient (and effective) – including machine learning algorithms, user/device authentication, and more
- Prioritize various improvement opportunities and identified solutions to drive the largest immediate impact
- Analyze key performance metrics to root cause performance issues and drive change
- Regularly communicate performance trends and improvements to others
- Collaborate with stakeholders in variety of Wayfair offices.
You’re a great fit if you have:
- A Bachelor Degree
- 2+ years of finance, e-commerce, operations, or management consulting experience
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal
- An ability to hit the ground running – a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter
- Demonstrated senior presence, recognized as an effective manager.
- An ability to manage and prioritize projects, and to delegate tasks appropriately
- Innovative and creative problem-solving skills – dissect and determine root causes of problems, and implement solutions
- A track record of taking on big challenges and delivering despite obstacles and limited resources
- Experience in business and data analytics, Excel, SQL
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top