Operations Business Intelligence Manager
Wayfair Analytics is the engine that powers an enterprise obsessed with data. We move fast, iterating quickly on big business problems. We work smart, applying technology to accelerate unlocking insights and providing outsized value to our customers. We swing big, knowing our customers won’t benefit from micro optimizations. We treat data as a resource; making information globally accessible and eliminating silos. If you want to join a team with these traits in their DNA, read on.
The Operations Business Intelligence Manager will partner with several teams within Wayfair’s Operations organization to provide reporting and analytical support. Among the departments they will be supporting are:
- Our award-winning Customer Service team (recipient of the 2016 Gold Stevie Award for Customer Service Center of the Year!)
- Our cutting-edge third-party Logistics business
- Our Supplier Operations department, focused on improving operational performance of over 10,000 suppliers
- Our Business-to-Business (B2B) Sales Organization
The Business Intelligence Manager will lead a team of multiple analysts, guiding them through the project lifecycle, from scoping to implementation. In addition, the Manager will own the feature design, functionality and architecture of Wayfair’s first-class self-service BI platform.
A successful candidate will have strong business and technical acumen, as well as great problem solving, communication, and mentoring and management skills. Those who have these qualities along with a love of data and distributing information are encouraged to apply.
- Partnering with internal customers (e.g., Customer Service, Logistics) to understand their initiatives and analytical needs. Translating those needs into concrete technical requirements.
- Prioritization and project management of incoming requests along with other team activities. Balancing short-term asks with longer-term initiatives.
- Proactively identifying areas in which analytics efforts can produce a strong value add, and working them into the roadmap.
- Managing and mentoring a team of analysts. Ensuring the team is being challenged, exposed to new opportunities, and learning, while still being able to deliver on ambitious goals.
- Architecting data structures and reports in a MPP environment. Working cross-functionally with teams across Engineering to develop new data sets and ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Working with several large and complex SQL and Vertica databases to extract actionable information.
- 2-7 years of total experience in a business intelligence, data science or engineering role
- Senior Analysts with a desire to manage and grow strongly encouraged to apply
- Experience with OLAP technologies, SQL, and related BI software (SSAS, Microstrategy, Cognos)
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience with Python, Java, Tableau, C++ a plus
- BA in computer science, economics, or other quantitative discipline with strong academic record
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top