Operations Analyst, Product Performance Analytics
Product performance incidences, such as damage, lost in transit, etc., negatively impact thousands of customers and account for millions of dollars in lost revenue each year at Wayfair. The Product Performance Analytics team plays a vital role in working with our partners in operations to identify strategic and tactical opportunities to reduce incidence impact using data. We’re looking for a talented, self-motivated Data Scientist to join our team. You will be part of an innovative team dedicated to developing top-notch analytical talent through problem-solving and value-creating. You will apply analytical skills and critical thinking to provide insights and recommendations to solve one of Wayfair’s most important problems.
What you will do:
- Work closely with business partners to understand business processes and data requirements
- Understand, clean and work with data from multiple sources and synthesize what’s required to answer specific business questions
- Use tools such as SQL, Python and R to develop machine-learning or statistical models to provide insights to support strategic, tactical and operational decisions
- Conduct exploratory data analysis, dataset generation, and correlation analysis to support algorithmic development
- Visualize data in Tableau, Python, or R to convey insights to business partners
- Communicate insights and recommendations in a clear and concise manner
- Quantify how product quality affects incidence rate
- Quantify how different factors are impacting product performance incidences, such as supplier, routes, packaging, etc.
- Develop supplier scores using propensity models to help improve inbound audit effectiveness
Who you are:
- You have at least 1 year of experience in analytics and data science
- You have a Master or PhD degree in Analytics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus
- You think critically about analytical assumptions, models, and conclusions
- You are able to use SQL to join data from multiple database tables
- You are able to write scripts in Python, R, or other languages used by data scientists
- You possess strong written and verbal communication skills
What we offer:
- Fun and collaborative work environment
- Limitless career growth
- Free snacks
- Casual dress code
- Paid time off
- Health/wellness programs
- Matching 401K
- Monthly team outings
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
*** This position is ONLY for on-site in our Boston, MA headquarters ***
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top