Operations Analyst, Inbound Supply Chain
We're looking for a new Analyst to help us grow Wayfair's Inbound Supply Chain! This is your chance to be part of the cross-functional team responsible for delivering and scaling Wayfair's most important new operational vertical.
Inbound Supply Chain is integrating up the value chain to provide services which create value for suppliers, provide better experiences for our customers, and drive long-term competitive advantage for Wayfair. Our work impacts operations in Asia, international shipping, and domestic transportation, to get products into and across our Wayfair Delivery Network (WDN).
The right candidate has a passion for breaking down complex business problems into discrete analyses and using data to make informed business decisions and communicate findings to senior leaders. As a central member of the team, you will provide financial visibility to leadership to make better operational decisions in several of our most important strategic initiatives.
The Operational Finance team serves as the designated financial department for Supply Chain and Operations teams at Wayfair. By analyzing the financial implications of both current operational performance and new strategic initiatives, we enable these teams to operate more efficiently and profitably.
- Serve as an analytical strategic partner for the Wayfair’s Inbound business, using data to inform strategic and financial decisions. Sample projects include:
- Understand cost drivers throughout the supply chain to identify strategic opportunities
- Forecast programs cost structure to inform pricing decisions
- Develop financial reporting structure for this new business line
- Build profitability tracking for all core initiatives
- Translate high-level business problems into more specific questions that can be answered through data analyses; leverage analytical findings to identify actionable business recommendations
- Develop reporting metrics and present data with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive financial and operational strategy
- Partner with business stakeholders to generate financial forecast, plan capital projects, and review business decisions
- Track performance against forecasts to identify and communicate risks and opportunities for the business
The right candidate has:
- At least 1 year of experience in an analytical/consulting role with experience analyzing data
- A degree in Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Physics, or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus strongly preferred
- Experience working within large datasets and resourcefulness in obtaining data when clean and or complete information is not available
- Strong cross-functional communication skills and ability to effectively convey insights from analyses to senior leaders
- Ability to drive complex projects to completion using effective project management, communication, and influence; strong ownership of tasks/deadlines/projects
- High proficiency in Excel and MS Office; SQL or other programming languages a plus
Back to top