In 2017, Wayfair onboarded over 5,000 new hires. Our ability to help new hires rapidly learn Wayfair’s tools and culture, as well as job-specific skills, is critical to our ongoing success. Corporate orientation is only one component of a new hire’s overall onboarding experience; most of a new hire’s onboarding happens within their department or team at Wayfair. The Onboarding Specialist will partner closely with departments to shape their new hire programs and will also play a critical role in growing this function on the Learning & Development Team at Wayfair.
The Onboarding Specialist will report into the Senior Manager, Onboarding and will work closely with key departmental leaders and stakeholders. Success in this role is determined by your ability to effectively analyze team talent data, develop tailored recommendations based on those data, and implement a high impact and scalable new hire experience for the departments with which you partner. The ability to be innovative in your approach to onboarding is key. Onboarding is not only a series of trainings -- it’s an experience that engages new hires. This role is highly cross-functional, and your ability to partner with and influence cross-functional stakeholders is key.
- Partner with Wayfair teams to develop, implement, and evaluate department-specific onboarding and other training opportunities as appropriate
- QA and improve current departmental onboarding processes
- Analyze survey data from new hires and departmental leaders
- Develop recommendations based on data around how departmental partners should optimize their onboarding programs
- Partner with departmental stakeholders to support execution and implementation of onboarding recommendations
- Support development of a method to evaluate efficacy of department-specific onboarding solutions
- Support analysis of key employee data for the functional area (e.g., employee engagement surveys, turnover stats, upward feedback) to help identify challenges and develop the right solutions
- 2+ years of professional experience; experience in consulting, learning, or change management is a plus
- Highly effective at managing timelines, delivery, dependencies, and communication across teams
- Strong people analytics skills
- A track record of strong organization skills and follow-through
- Passion for the growth and development of others
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- High level of flexibility and adaptability
- Senior presence: ability to work side-by-side with senior executives
- Strong customer service focus with a sense of urgency and excellent follow through
- No formal learning & development experience required
About the Team
Learning & Development is the ultimate cross-functional team. Every day we work with key stakeholders across the organization to develop our people, drive impact, and help Wayfair remain a leader in e-commerce. We are the ambassadors of Wayfair’s culture, which prides itself on transparency, collaboration, innovation, and critical thinking. We focus on guiding Wayfair team members to become the best versions of themselves by developing their skills, guiding them on how to increase impact, and building lifelong relationships across the organization.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top