North American Retail Leader
North American Retail Leader
Wayfair continues to build a best-in-class North American Retail team to fuel growth across multiple product categories across our different shopping platforms. As part of this journey, we are seeking bright, driven leaders to help us execute upon category specific initiatives to take share in the Home industry. NA Retail is key component of propelling Wayfair from $4B to $10B and beyond.
NA Retail is the organization within Wayfair that drives the overall strategy for the multitude of product categories that are offered across our channels of business under Wayfair, LLC; Wayfair.com, Joss&Main.com, AllModern.com, Birchlane.com, Perigold.com, and Wayfair.ca. NA Retail associates are the external and internal ambassadors of the product categories we manage, mobilizing and coaching suppliers on how to grow their business on our sites, and leveraging internal partners to execute the strategic vision to win in the online home space. They are the category owners of the business, with a 360 view of it; ensuring that Wayfair is poised for success across the following levers: Pricing and Selection, Merchandising, Promotions, Logistics, Marketing, Customer Service, and Brand Authority.
Teams looking for leaders include:
Category Management (US and Canada): Category Managers are responsible for partnering with Wayfair’s suppliers to drive growth through negotiations focused on pricing, promotions, assortment, availability and fast shipping. Category Managers represent the P&L for a specific category and work with all departments to define and execute on the category strategy to accelerate growth & profitability. Category Management drives category growth by making their supplier portfolio operate more effectively. They spend a significant time on account management, but also collaborate with other internal teams to drive initiatives that span functions. They are responsible for being the industry experts and recognizing opportunities to win within the home space.
Promotions: The Promotions team drives outsized growth for the business by showcasing the best of Wayfair (e.g., special offers, curated assortments, attractive value propositions like fast delivery and financing) through fresh content that reinforces our brand and fuels personalization across customer touchpoints. This team quarterbacks the company’s approach towards major shopping holidays and key brand moments like “Way Day”. They accomplish all of this by working directly with suppliers on exposure strategies and funding plans. Promotions, like Category Management, is also a GM track, but with a stronger orientation towards both Marketing and Merchandising. Promotions category leaders, and their teams, are held accountable for a promotional “P&L”, which is driven by the quality of their category exposure strategies, funding plans and content portfolio.
Lifestyle Brands: Our Lifestyle Brands team is building Wayfair’s next generation of brands – our version of specialty retailers. Own category and promotional plans tailored to unique customer segments with diverse shopping preferences and needs: luxury - Perigold, style-focused – AllModern, Birch Lane, and deal seeking – Joss & Main. Work closely with suppliers to fill core assortment gaps and deliver best-in-class merchandising that drives profitable, incremental growth to Wayfair Inc. Collaborate with cross-functional partners (customer insights, marketing, operations, merchandising) to understand specific customer needs and deliver a differentiated experience that drives brand affinity and loyalty.
You’re a great fit if you have:
- 7+ years of experience or 1+ years post MBA experience preferred
- 1+ years management experience preferred
- Experience in management consulting, private equity, investment banking, or corporate strategy preferred
- Thrives in a high growth, entrepreneurial, and ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated experience independently developing a strategy and driving tangible results across teams in an ambiguous environment while leveraging data from a multitude of sources to tell a story and impact the overarching strategy. Advanced excel skills needed
- Evidence of “scrappy startup execution” and a “get it done” attitude when time is tight and stakes are high
- Proven experience and passion for working across functions and with c-level leaders, synthesizing multiple points of view and owning a coherent action plan, all while negotiating and influencing others
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style based on the audience
Back to top