Manager/Senior Manager, Pricing & Profit Optimization
- Boston, MA
Who We Are:
Wayfair Professional helps hundreds of thousands of businesses make good spaces great. We serve customers in the Office, Hospitality, Interior Design, Contractor and Property Management sectors, with a broad assortment across furniture, fixtures and decor. Wayfair Professional has nearly tripled in size over the past 24 months and our team ensures we're driving that growth profitably. We do that by controlling Wayfair’s dynamic pricing, discounting and product sorting algorithms to manage the delicate tradeoff between short and long term profitability.
What You Will Do:
- Own the B2B profitability lever road map - at first independently and over time mentoring analysts and prioritizing analyst resources
- Early on you will build out an algorithmic discount recommendation engine to drive innovation in the phone discounting tactics of our sales team
- You will optimize the on-site experience for our business customers through testing and optimizing bulk pricing, promotions and other B2B discounts
- Demonstrate your creativity by finding non-price levers to drive sales and/or margins, such as customizing our product sort or product level badges (e.g., "Industry Favorite") to better serve business customers
- You will evaluate and adapt the latest consumer pricing theory advancement for application with business customers
- Collaborate with analysts, data scientists, product managers, and engineers to implement algorithmic technologies that drive profitability
- Align with business stakeholders to ensure profitability levers support strategic business goals
What You’ll Need:
- Strong quantitative skills – ability to develop analytical methodologies and assumptions, use data software to conduct the analyses, and synthesize findings
- Strong communication skills – ability to succinctly summarize and share results with key stakeholders
- Experience with statistical programming languages such as Python or R
- Bachelor’s degree from top-tier institution in a quantitative field (engineering, math, statistics, physics, economics, etc.)
- 5+ years of work experience in a data focused role
- Experience designing, executing, and analyzing experiments or A/B tests is a plus
- Experience building production machine learning solutions is a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top