Manager, Strategic Operations, Canada
Manager, Strategic Operations, Canada
Wayfair is looking for a talented, driven, and entrepreneurial leader to build and execute strategy for our Canada business. The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. Due to high visibility with senior leadership throughout the organization, this person must also possess strong senior presence and be comfortable delivering strategic and tactical updates to diverse audiences. He or she will be responsible for the coordination and alignment of a half dozen different operational groups to deliver Canada-specific technical and logistical solutions. The ideal candidate for this job has leadership experience in a matrix organization, where communication, influencing others and prioritization are as valued as much as project execution and opportunity identification.
We welcome applications from high caliber professionals who are looking for the next chapter of their careers, for whom home goods & décor are a meaningful arena to use the skills they developed in generalist business settings. Please reach out and highlight how your experience can be leveraged to contribute to the success of the next great e-commerce business.
- Execute on operational roadmap for all activities needed to scale Wayfair.ca and improve overall customer experience.
- Drive technical and business projects to support new functionality, monitoring, and reporting for the Canadian business.
- Build strong relationships with the leaders of each operational function.
- Use customer satisfaction and detailed order and cost data to size and prioritize key initiatives.
- Move aggressively and quickly in a startup-like environment that leverages the resources of Wayfair.
- Pivot as needed to address unanticipated challenges and complexity in the business model.
- Report performance trends and improvements to senior management.
- Bachelor Degree, MBA or equivalent experience.
- 2-5 years of e-commerce, retail merchandising or management consulting experience, strongly preferred.
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to hit the ground running – a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter.
- Demonstrated senior presence, recognized as an effective manager. Experience managing others preferred.
- Ability to manage and prioritize projects, and to delegate tasks appropriately.
- Innovative problem-solving skills – dissect and determine root causes of problems, and implement solutions.
- Comfortable analyzing large data sets and using that analysis to drive business plans and priorities.
- Track record of taking on big challenges and delivering despite obstacles and limited resources.
- Experience in business and data analytics, Excel, SQL
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Back to top