Manager - Search Engine Marketing (m/f/x)
As Wayfair's EU Marketing team, we're building the marketing platform to run a pan-European online home & lifestyle champion. Search Engine Marketing (SEM) is a cornerstone of our customer acquisition strategy. Based in Berlin, our team manages campaigns for our entire product portfolio in our European markets.
We use our analytical savviness and the power of our proprietary automation solutions to target millions of keywords, to optimize the customer journey, and steer our ad spend to deliver maximum performance. Like all our other marketing channels, we run SEM with a clear efficiency focus, and without budget constraints.
If you like data, feel excited when you spot patterns in it, and love using those insights to drive tangible business impact in a fast-paced environment, let’s talk!
What You'll Do
- You’ll take ownership for the SEM channel across our EU markets, taking end-to-end responsibility for a major source of customer acquisition of our business
- You’ll manage and optimize a multi-million Euro advertising budget to meet ROI and growth goals, and drive innovation in our bidding approaches
- You’ll grow the channel’s reach by expanding the keyword base, by optimizing the targeting, and improving the customer experience
- You’ll conduct analysis leveraging tons of data readily available at your fingertips and using advanced tools (e.g., Python, R, SQL, Excel) and analysis techniques
- You’ll lead the channel team and support their career development within the organization
- You’ll collaborate with our dedicated AdTech Engineering, Data Science, and BI teams to improve our platforms and tools
What You'll Need
- 3+ years professional experience involving analytics, project management and leadership
- You have a can-do attitude, make things happen and crave for impact
- You can handle multiple priorities, learn fast and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You enjoy analytical challenges and love to prove your point using data. You have significant experience working with data (probably also in tools beyond Excel) - you enjoy learning new skills around new tools and techniques
- You love to find out how things work in detail and solve bigger problems by breaking them down into smaller parts
- Great interpersonal skills, succinct written and verbal communication skills in both English (C1+) and German (B2+)
Nice to have:
- A degree in the Sciences, Economics, or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus
- Knowledge of advanced analytics and any programming language, especially Python or R
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top