Manager, Operations Analytics
CastleGate was created to dramatically improve consumers’ shopping experience, and develop a unique competitive advantage for Wayfair. We do this by offering one and two-day delivery times, lower prices, and higher delivery quality of home products than has historically been possible. In order to accomplish this goal, CastleGate partners with hundreds of suppliers, and provides access to our rapidly expanding portfolio of logistics services. CastleGate is one of Wayfair’s newer business units, is growing rapidly, and operates entrepreneurially. We are looking for highly motivated individuals to help expand this business.
On our CastleGate Team you will have the ability to:
- Partner as a strategic leader to drive a part of the business that has real and immediate impact on the success of Wayfair.
- Develop and execute transformational strategies that generate a game-changing competitive advantage and enduring customer satisfaction.
- Partner with a team of smart, motivated and engaged individuals in an environment that is both collaborative and risk taking.
Visit the link to hear from one of our Wayfair founders, Niraj Shah, and our team to get a more in-depth understanding of CastleGate: https://www.youtube.com/embed/4ChIwUySYhs
Manager, Operations Analytics
The CastleGate team is looking to add a Manager, Operations Analytics to our group! This person will apply quantitative skills to answer high-level business and strategy questions, support various operational initiatives and lead a team of analysts. They will work with large amounts of data and flex analytical skills to deliver answers. This role provides an opportunity to impact a core part of the business.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of analysts helping them prioritize their work, structure their analyses and achieve their development goals
- Translate high-level business problems into more specific questions which can then be answered by data-driven analysis
- Partner with various business stakeholders to identify key factors and requirements for each project and get buy-in for project methodology
- Conduct big data analysis using SQL and Excel
- Present findings with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive business strategy and technology projects
- When presented with a symptom of a system issue, use SQL, data analytics, and other research tools to find patterns and help identify the root cause
- Wrangle data from multiple sources including sales, inventory, product, and customer databases to create integrated views that can be used to drive decision making
- Build out KPI dashboards aimed at driving visibility into key parts of our operation
- This role has potential for high visibility right from the start
What we’re seeking:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a business analytical/consulting role with management experience
- Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus strongly preferred
- SQL experience is a plus
- Not afraid to present business cases to leadership
- Passionate about solving complex business problems
- You possess an affinity for data, and resourcefulness in obtaining data when clean and or complete information is not available
- Possess strong written and verbal cross-functional communication skills
- Positive, people-oriented, and enthusiastic
- Leader with the proven ability to manage a team of analysts
Back to top