Manager of 3D Merchandising Services
- Boston, MA
Manager of 3D Merchandising Services (Business Development & Account Management)
About the department
Are you curious about what the next generation of e-commerce will look like and how billions will shop in the next 5-10 years? Do you want to be a part owner of a revolutionary company, where you’ll contribute solutions to complex business cases?
At Wayfair, we are redefining the way our customers can shop for furniture & home goods, using cutting edge technologies and experiences. We are looking for self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, intellectual curiosity, and passion for driving digital solutions & services.
Who We Are
We are the team responsible for revolutionizing the imagery and experiences available to consumers. For ecommerce, images sell products, however the traditional method of creating images in a photo studio is time consuming and expensive. Wayfair is partnering with Google, Facebook, and other technology leaders to disrupt the retail space and shift the industry towards CGI & AR/VR, creating imagery and experiences for furniture and home goods at a grand scale for a fraction of the cost.
The team is in need of highly driven and motivated individuals; it is important that applicants are comfortable with constant change and rigorous prioritization of work. Applicants for the BD/AM role must be ready to work independently, develop strong long-lasting relationships with key stakeholders, optimize our sales processes, and drive big results.
Experience with both customer acquisition (i.e. closing) and customer success (i.e. supporting) of new accounts in a B2B service industry is strongly preferred. Strong, clear communication skills and relationship management experience are a must. Prior experience with 3D, CGI, or AR/VR is not required or preferred, but an interest in the intersection of technology and commerce is.
What You’ll Do
- Identify key suppliers/target accounts and work cross-functionally and across levels to warm up and convert these leads into our fast-paced, fast-growing, tech-driven program. (No cold calling experience required.)
- Track and communicate client funnel generation to senior leadership and cross-functionally
- Creating project and program-level reports to summarize progress for stakeholders
- Build and maintain strong relationship with internal and external stakeholders to align on strategic growth initiatives with clients, 3D Operations, and Wayfair
- Attend 4-6 trade shows a year to close new accounts, pitch new targets, and strengthen existing supplier relationships. (Locations include Las Vegas, High Point NC, Dallas, and Chicago.)
- Desire to be a manager of people as the team is growing and there are opportunities for strong performers to have a management role
What You’ll Need
- 4+ years experience or 2+ years post-MBA experience; 1+ years of people management experience is a plus
- Thrives in a high growth, entrepreneurial, and ambiguous environment; high degree of comfort with constant change
- Excellent organization, attention to detail, and time management skills in complex environments
- Deep-seated drive to deliver results and an infectious sense of accountability; evidence of “scrappy startup execution” and a “get it done” attitude when time is tight and stakes are high
- Proven experience and passion for working across functions and with C-level leaders, synthesizing multiple points of view and owning a coherent action plan, all while negotiating and influencing others
- Advanced Excel/Google Sheet skills needed; SQL and Tableau experience is a plus but not required
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style based on the audience
- Positive attitude, sense of humor, and ability to laugh at us and yourself are pluses
You’d be a great fit if you’re any combination of the following:
- You’re a top performer at a top-tier tech/SaaS or furniture/home/retail company.
- You believe in failing fast, learning, testing and iterating.
- You’re ambitious and routinely bite off more than you can chew.
- You’re flexible, humble, and confident and are a stellar cross-functional partner across product and creative teams.
- No 3D experience necessary, but an interest in and experience with cutting edge technology is a plus.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top