Manager - In-house Consulting (m/f)
In the context of our European expansion we are currently building the infrastructure that enables us to ship everything from small home décor items to sofas and beds in the different EU countries. We are looking for a ‘Manager - Inhouse Consulting (m/f),’ who will lead projects and bring all pieces together to design and build the backbone of our EU business growth. This position is a key role within a centralized projects and analytics team that helps shape the strategy and execution of Wayfair’s rapidly expanding European supply chain.
If you’re passionate about driving business impact by leading teams of business analysts, or project teams, applying cutting-edge analytical techniques to complex supply chain decisions, and enjoy the challenge of working in a highly entrepreneurial environment, then this is the perfect role for you!
What sets us apart is the trust we place in every single person to make a meaningful contribution each day and the concentration of talented people in one place who can inspire you.
- Champion the EU-wide supply chain network from roadmap design to execution and impact tracking
- Take ownership of strategic projects and operate as a competence center for Operations
- Apply an impact-focused, entrepreneurial lens to pro-actively identify, develop, and implement process improvements and products that capture cost and/or service benefits across all aspects Wayfair’s supply chain
- Work cross functionally to prioritize competing interests and lead project teams towards the highest business impact activities
- Be a morale leader who instills confidence in others to take smart risks, is comfortable with making difficult decisions in adverse situations and be resilient to setbacks
- Be a hands-on leader who can champion SQL and other analytics tools, as well as leverage our business analysts, in order to obtain key insights as the baseline for the Operations strategy
What are project examples?
- Build a EU-wide carrier portfolio optimization model that considers a tradeoff between costs, lead times and delivery services to determine the fastest, most convenient and profitable distribution plan for appr. 2 million shipments to customers p.a., using 3rd party carriers
- Design Wayfair’s transportation network, incl. the determination of optimal warehouse locations, impact evaluation of adding new logistics consolidation points, and continuously build more cost efficient transportation routes
- Determine and drive the implementation of the advanced analytics of the Wayfair post-shipment tracking across our large 3rd party carrier portfolio, incl. parcel tracking, customer messaging, exception management and logistics performance analytics
Your skills are the following:
- Proven track record of significant professional experience in operations, either in industry or top tier consulting
- Proven track record of managing and executing small to medium-size projects from start to finish
- Top-tier university qualifications, preferred degree in Industrial Engineering, or as a business major with a focus in Supply Chain Management
- Excellent excel and SQL skills, experience with R and Python are a plus
- Experience with data visualization suites such as Tableau and BI platforms
- Analytical and very pragmatic thinker
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a can-do-attitude
- Fluency in English required, German is a plus
Why join Wayfair?
- A competitive salary, bonus and we share the company with you in stock units
- An experienced and truly dedicated team
- Career path guidance
- And let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top