Manager, Ecommerce Strategy
- Boston, MA
Wayfair continues to take the online customer experience to the next level, optimizing every part of the online shopping experience to help customers find what they’re looking for and create a home they love. The Merchandising team is at the center of the online customer experience, responsible for defining and executing a “best in class” customer experience, which includes ensuring accurate and complete product content across Wayfair's robust catalog of over 10 million products. The department is organized by verticals as follows:
- Furniture & Decor
- Housewares and More
- Appliances and More
- Cross- Catalog
Wayfair is seeking an entrepreneurial and analytical Merchandising Manager to drive Wayfair merchandising efforts across brands and geographies. A successful Merchandising Manager will combine an understanding of what drives e-commerce sales, an interest in the home goods retail sector, and a passion for user experience to improve the onsite merchandising strategy. They will build an unparalleled shopping experience in collaboration with team leaders across the company including Category Management, Product/Engineering, Creative, Content, Brand, and Marketing. As an expert on how our customers shop, the Merchandising Manager will advocate for the needs of our customers and serve as the go-to person for insight on site traffic and merchandising performance.
The ideal candidate is innovative, enthusiastic, and customer-focused with great judgment and creative problem-solving skills. This person will have demonstrated skill with technical tools & processes through website management, digital marketing, advanced data analysis or other relevant experience. They will be passionate, organized, and comfortable managing multiple cross-functional projects at once and will have proven success managing a team.
This is a unique leadership role for a highly motivated individual that is interested in joining a high growth company and making an immediate impact.
What You'll Do
- Manage, coach and develop a team of Merchandising Associates
- Serve as the subject matter expert on merchandising and performance
- Relentlessly drive improvements to the site experience through the development and execution of strategic tests and cross-functional projects that will improve conversion rate and drive revenue growth
- Analyze site metrics and related data to identify opportunities to improve merchandising and the customer experience, formulating concrete roadmaps to drive measurable change
- Partner across Category Management, Product Management, Merchandising Operations, Brand, and Marketing to drive collaborative projects to completion and ensure cohesive customer experience across all touch points
- Collaborate with other Merchandising teams and apply learnings
- Communicate findings and results with senior leaders throughout Wayfair, acting as a member of the broader ‘single thread’ within your vertical and act as an advocate
- Perform daily maintenance and merchandising updates on site
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic record with 5+ years of experience
- Passionate about the customer with a strong interest in understanding and driving user behavior
- Analytical and process-oriented, comfortable working with large data sets and making data-driven decisions. Experience with web analytics strongly preferred
- Senior presence, able to clearly and consistently work side-by-side across functions and departments and synthesize multiple points of view into a coherent action plan
- Able to think both creatively and critically. Willing to think outside the box and challenge the status quo, while also fairly evaluating all possible solutions in making strategic decisions
- Able to manage through ambiguous and subjective situations, including balancing operational efficiency and data analysis with high quality standards and a sense of what is “right” for the customer
- Able to manage many projects and drive multiple threads of work to completion
- Superb communication skills, clear and concise in both written and verbal communication
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- “Player coach” mentality with a demonstrated ability to lead and coach a diverse team to drive continuous improvements
- Positive, energetic attitude
- Able to quickly learn the necessary technical tools. Experience with SQL a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top