Manager, Data Science Merchandising Insights (m/f)
The Wayfair Merchandising Data Insights team is looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and process driven data analyst to join our business as we continue our ambitious plan to build the best online housewares and furniture catalog.
This person will apply quantitative skills to answer high-level business and strategy questions and to support the management and growth of our enormous product catalog. They will work with large amounts of data and flex their analytical skills to deliver answers. This role provides an opportunity to impact a core part of our business.
- Translate high-level business problems into more specific questions which can then be answered by data-driven analysis
- Partner with various business stakeholders to identify key factors and requirements for each project and get buy-in for project methodology
- Conduct big data analysis using Python and/or R
- Present findings with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive business strategy and technology projects
- Wrangle data from our product catalog database to create integrated views that can be used to drive decisions
- BA/BS/MS/or PhD, with strong academic record, ideally in Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Operations Research, Economics, or other quantitative field
- Significant experience in a corporate, start-up, or research environment
- Hands-on project experience in advanced modelling and machine learning, high comfort level with programming (i.e. Python/R or similar, SQL)
- You are not afraid to present business cases to senior leadership.
- Passionate about solving complex business problems
- Possess strong written and verbal cross-functional communication skills
Prior experience leading and developing direct reports
Positive, people-oriented, and enthusiastic
- A competitive salary and bonus that come along with a unique work life balance
- A company culture driven by pioneer-thinking and talent that crosses departments and hierarchies
- Great mentors and career development opportunities through our learn@work program
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- Of course fresh fruits, snacks & drinks every day!
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
- Let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top