Manager, Customer Growth - Direct Mail Channel
Wayfair is looking for a strategic, analytical leader to aggressively drive our strategy and execution for Wayfair’s Direct Mail Marketing channel. Direct mail is one of Wayfair’s largest customer growth channels and we have an aggressive growth plan outlined for 2018, which the Manager will be instrumental in driving.
Qualified candidates should be analytically savvy and comfortable drawing conclusions from data in Excel, and have experience making decisions based on imperfect information. They should be intellectually curious, and eager to work in a fast-paced, highly dynamic culture. We’re always thinking about what’s next and how to drive the channel, so the Manager should feel comfortable owning and driving their own roadmap, and thrive in a “test and learn” environment. Candidates should also be strong communicators, as they’ll be working cross-functionally with many different teams inside and outside of Customer Growth, and will need to effectively communicate test results and learnings to different departments and negotiate with vendors.
- Own and drive the roadmap and growth of Wayfair’s solo mail program (catalogs and smaller format mail)
- Identify new opportunities to reach out to new customers, including new formats, creative concepts, life stages to target (e.g. movers, renovators, millennials), and others
- Test new ways to keep existing customers engaged through direct mail, driving repeat orders from both highly engaged and lapsed customers
- Partner with Buying, Creative, Finance, Data Science, Customer Growth, and Engineering functions to achieve shared goals
- Perpetually prioritize competing interests to focus on highest-impact activities
- BA/BS degree, with strong academic record (a plus if in an analytical major)
- 3-5 years of work experience
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong quantitative skills and proficiency performing analyses in Excel (experience with SQL is a plus); comfortable in a data-driven environment
- Ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills, including experience managing high-performing teams
- Capacity to multi-task and work well within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Proven track record of leadership, taking ownership, and driving results
- Experience in project and/or people management a plus
- Great attitude and sense of humor – we are a hardworking team in an open seating environment!
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top