Manager, Business Intelligence Consulting - Inventory Planning
About the Role:
Wayfair is looking for a driven, analytical leader with proven experience driving organizational change and championing innovative thinking through advanced analytics to join the Inventory Planning function. This function is at the forefront of building an innovative, scalable business strategy for Wayfair. This role will lead the development of metrics, reporting, and strategic analyses to grow the CastleGate business and will have executive-level visibility given the mandate to improve fast delivery to customers and drive global in-stock.
A successful Manager of Operations Strategy & Analytics will:
- Partner with leaders across Inventory Planning, Product Management, Business Intelligence, and Engineering to develop and implement an infrastructure of technology and data that would result in dynamic reporting and optimal decision-making
- Develop analyses that lead to actionable insights that accelerate CastleGate growth through profit optimization
- Spearhead the development of insight-driven tools & dashboards
- Proactively identify areas in which analytics efforts can add significant business value
- Work with several large and complex databases
- Mentor and develop analysts
- MS in computer science, statistics, economics, or other quantitative discipline with strong academic record
- 3-6 years of experience in a business intelligence, data science or engineering role; Supply Chain experience preferred but not required
- Ability to analyze large data sets to deliver clear, actionable insights
- Strong proficiency with SQL, Excel, and Tableau required
- Experience with Python, RStudio, Azure or C++ preferred
- Proven track record of leadership, taking ownership and driving results
- Experience managing and executing large projects from start to finish including project management, data gathering and modeling, problem solving and communicating recommendations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
CastleGate was created to dramatically improve the online consumer shopping experience while developing a competitive advantage for Wayfair. We do this by offering one and two-day delivery guarantees, lower costs, and higher delivery quality of home products than has historically been possible. To accomplish this goal, CastleGate partners with hundreds of suppliers, and provides access to our rapidly expanding portfolio of logistics services. Suppliers ship inventory directly to Wayfair warehouses on consignment. CastleGate is one of Wayfair’s newer business units, is growing rapidly, and operates entrepreneurially.
Visit the link to hear from one of our Wayfair founders, Niraj Shah, and our team to get a more in-depth understanding of CastleGate: https://www.youtube.com/embed/4ChIwUySYhs
Interested in learning more? Please visit our official CastleGate website! http://www.castlegatefulfillment.com/partner_services.php
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Back to top