Manager, Brand Merchandising & Storefront
Wayfair is seeking a deeply analytical, entrepreneurial, creative, and process-driven leader to join our Lifestyle & Merch Analytics group to lead homepage and storefront merchandising for BirchLane. The role is highly visible to senior leadership across the organization and uniquely offers a robust blend of merchandising, analytics, creativity, project management, and strategy with the means to immediately impact high traffic pages that are critical to the Birch Lane customer experience and brand identity and integrity.
To be successful, you must be a self-starter with an analytical mind, a passion for product and a creative eye. You will work on a fast paced team and see real-time, material impact on the business. You must have an interest in innovating to solve business problems creatively and a willingness to hit the ground running. You will work on a highly cross functional team, that is constantly testing and innovating to improve the shopping experience for Birch Lane, engaging with leadership from Product Management, Creative, Buying, Merchandising, and Marketing.
Our approach to rapid, profitable e-commerce growth is equal parts analysis, cross-functional collaboration and negotiation, idea generation, and creative presentation. Successful candidates for this role understand how to effectively enact change in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company, excel at taking an analytical yet creative approach to problem-solving, possess strong senior presence and communication skills, and have a strong inclination for customer experience, brand identity, and collaboration.
- Own the merchandising strategy of the homepage, as well as other pages across the Birch Lane storefront, inclusive of visual navigation and discovery experiences for BirchLane.com.
- Develop and prioritize the storefront roadmap on behalf of Birch Lane, inclusive of driving iterations to existing storefront features and ideation of new experiences, creation of homepage strategy and messaging calendar, creative execution, testing plan, and regular performance reporting across platforms and customer types
- Strengthen Birch Lane’s portfolio of customer experience elements with an eye towards balancing brand content and meeting customer needs
- Collaborate productively with cross functional stakeholders (Product Management, Creative, Buying, Marketing) to improve page performance through a robust testing roadmap based on customer insights, evolving brand needs, and creative & messaging best practices
- Develop a deep understanding of our customer segments and partner with business leaders to deliver a targeted storefront experience that advances Birch Lane’s competitive positioning and delivers on our brand promises
- Leverage technology to enhance business goals / customer experience
- Analyze industry and competitor trends to generate new ideas for the storefront experience
- Potential to lead a team in the future
- ~3+ years out of undergrad and has relevant work or internship experience (strong preference for experience in an e-commerce, home, fashion, or lifestyle oriented organization)
- Demonstrated experience delivering against aggressive targets and goals in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Senior presence; able to clearly and consistently work side-by-side with a broad range of seniorities and functions to drive agendas, achieve objectives, and ideate / vocalize new opportunities
- Ability to hit the ground running - a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter
- Articulate, persuasive communicator
- Strong negotiating skills
- Process oriented, with a tireless focus on quality of output and throughput
- Innovative problem-solving skills - dissect and determine root causes of problems, and implement solutions
- Experience in business and data analytics, Excel, SQL
- Comfortable in technology-driven business environment
- Effective manager and team motivator with experience managing and/or mentoring direct reports
- Interest in home décor, home furnishings, and/or other home products; an eye for various aesthetics a plus
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top