Manager- Billing & Reconciliation
At Wayfair, we are transforming the Supply Chain and Logistics industry and we are looking for creative and driven professionals to lead this change.
The International Supply Chain team is looking for an energetic and self-motivated leader to take on a key role within the organization! This role will be instrumental in defining, leading and supporting the team and processes needed to manage the financial aspects (e.g., billing, invoicing, reconciliation) of the relationship with a set group of our supplier partners.
Who we are: The International Supply Chain team’s goal is to create value both internally and externally through the establishment of lasting partnerships, which will enable us to drive a more efficient and cost-effective supply chain. We will design, optimize, operationalize and roll out transportation programs for our CastleGate supplier partners in the USA, Canada, UK, EU and Asia.
What is CastleGate? CastleGate is one of Wayfair’s newest business units, is growing rapidly, and operates entrepreneurially. We are looking for highly motivated individuals to help expand this business – which is focused on providing strategic supply chain services to key suppliers. Visit the link to hear from one of our Wayfair founders, Niraj Shah, and our team to get a more in-depth understanding of CastleGate: https://www.youtube.com/embed/4ChIwUySYhs
What you will do: This role will be instrumental in defining, leading and executing the key processes required to successfully handle the billing, invoicing and reconciliation processes for our group. This person will lead cross-functional projects to ensure that Wayfair maintains strong vendor or carrier relationships and improves operational processes.
- Create a compelling vision for the “billing” team and get support for your vision from senior leadership across the organization.
- Create a team to act as the central ‘hub’ of process & information as it relates to billing, invoicing and reconciliation. You will lead, motivate, guide and manage the performance for a team of associates tasked with executing key processes to improve our financial processes related to suppliers.
- Lead efforts to transform existing processes into highly scalable solutions capable of providing real-time updates to various stakeholders – suppliers, customers, forecasting teams, transportation, sales teams, and others.
- Partner with various teams (Inbound, Warehouse, Freight, Transactional, Technology, and others) to build world-class exceptions processes aimed at proactively partnering with key stakeholders in the event of a service disruption. Proactive issue resolution vs. reactive resolution will be key in this role.
- Partner with technology teams to develop brand new and innovative solutions for improving key processes and improving our financial position in terms of, for example, cash conversion cycle.
- Lead and collaborate with a diverse group of stakeholders in transportation, analytics, finance, external partners and other teams to ensure an efficiently running reconciliation process.
- Identify and execute on areas of potential carrier overbilling to recoup & drive savings for Wayfair.
- Identify and execute the best process to approve vendor & carrier invoices.
- Perform analysis to identify opportunities for monthly reconciliation of supplier credit requests
- Lead the team tasked with analyzing costs to ensure carriers are billing us within the limits of our contracted rates.
- Experienced, with 5+ years working in fast-paced environments such as consulting or technology companies.
- Great communicator and storyteller that excels at getting support for complex initiatives.
- Answer-first, business-oriented and data-driven decision maker that excels at creating actionable insights.
- Able to create structure out of chaos and derive a coherent view out of diverse, and sometimes conflicting, opinions and facts.
- Skilled at dealing with complex corporate environments and solving conflicts across very senior stakeholders aligned with diverse internal and external channels/partners, business units and product lines.
- Familiarity with Retail, Supply Chain and/or Logistics industry is highly preferred but not required.
- Extremely organized, meticulous and detailed oriented with the ability to see the story of how your work translates into data, cost savings and general operational excellence.
- Experienced team leader. You have managed and achieved success leading a team of highly effective and multidisciplinary team of operations professionals.
Back to top