This opening is for a maintenance technician with basic carpentry, mechanical, electrical and janitorial experience to assist in day to day operations. The successful candidate will have Mechanical experience preferably Forklift maintenance and basic maintenance duties. This position will report directly to the Warehouse Facilities Manager and work closely with Facility Service Technicians.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ability to perform basic equipment repairs safely.
- Able to perform maintenance tasks on forklifts.
- Demonstrate basic safety working habits.
- Must possess the ability to perform basic carpentry skills.
- Be able to learn quickly and be flexible in day to day tasks.
- Experience in electrical, plumbing, Conveyor systems and HVAC is a plus.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be flexible on working hours.
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Occasionally push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products up to 100 pounds during site visits
- Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
- Walking in the FC/DC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Ability to climb ladders and gangways safely and without limitation
- Ability to work in construction /distribution environments that may be noisy, unlit, unheated, not air-conditioned
- Continual standing and/or walking an average of 5 miles daily
- Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, etc.)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work all days and shifts, including overtime (24 hours a day, 7 days a week operation, including holidays)
- Experience and proficiency in the following areas:
- Automated conveyors systems and controls
- Electrical and electronic principles
- Blueprint and electrical schematic reading
- Knowledge of CMMS programs
- Preventative maintenance procedures
- Industrial electricity
- Industrial controls
- Industrial Conveyor Systems
- PLC programs
- Industrial PC literacy
- Knowledge of N.E.C.
- Degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the Mechanical or Electrical field or
- 4 years’ apprenticeship or equivalent experience in the Mechanical or Electrical field
- Able to manage, lead, and influence others on the team
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize many different projects and workload
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate effectively, (written and verbally) with peers, management, contractors and vendors
- Must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric
- Leadership experience/aptitude, ability to mentor and develop training plans for other service technicians
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top