- Galway, Ireland
Wayfair is looking for a creative, tech savvy, learning technologist with experience developing digital based learning. The learning technologist will support, maintain and operationalize learning technology systems to support our learning and development needs globally. The individual must demonstrate understanding of technical constraints and opportunities, exhibit demonstrable skills with programming in modern technologies, have familiarity with learning technology systems and protocols, and importantly, is obsessed with creating an excellent user experience.
This person will report to the Associate Director for Employee Development working with a global team of instructional designers to creatively carve out the future of innovative learning for our onsite and virtual call centre environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide leadership for, and be responsible for implementing technology solutions that helps develop innovative course content and new learning experiences.
- Use appropriate tools and delivery methods to produce blended learning materials using AGILE methodologies.
- Identify, support and implement the creation of new multimedia training materials in collaboration with Instructional Design and Subject Matter Experts.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of learning and training interventions on the business result ensuring that all training programs have measurable impact to the KPIs of the business.
- Continuously evaluate various learning technologies (e.g. electronic work instructions, mobile, virtual reality, augmented reality, simulations, gamification, MOOCs, eLearning, microlearning, etc.) for feasibility, cost, behavioral and business impact, and scalability.
- Developing and maintaining a reliable sandbox environment for our end users.
- Maintain knowledge of new learning approaches, technology, and measurement tools through continuous research to ensure our solutions deliver innovation.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a relevant field with equivalent work experience.
- Strong experience managing large-scale technology implementations.
- Familiarity with tool integrations using APIs and scripting and proficient with programming, web development and web design.
- Experience working within a Virtual Learning Environment and creating high quality, engaging and effective multimedia, interactive learning content.
- Articulate, persuasive communicator including skills in explaining technical topics to novices and collaborating with subject matter experts, global stakeholders, and managers.
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism, leadership, and autonomous drive.
- Innovative problem solver drawn to taking solution based collaborative approach with internal partners.and able to flex to changing business needs and priorities.
- Ability to travel as needed to other sites.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top