Leader of Marketing Strategy
- Boston, MA
Leader of Marketing Strategy
Our Marketing team drives growth for Wayfair on every major advertising platform. We aren’t your standard marketers: we own the strategy, P&L, and product roadmaps for our portfolio of bleeding-edge and in-house-built marketing and AdTech products. We leverage them to acquire high potential customers and engage them to come back again and again. We have petabytes of first and third party data at our fingertips; what makes us successful is using that data to build algorithms and automated solutions to take our “Zillions thing home” offering and personalize it to each and every customer.
What You'll Do
There are three distinct tracks in Wayfair Marketing. All require General Management capabilities common across all departments at Wayfair: a strategic mindset, ownership mentality, and analytical proficiency.
- Channel Owner: You will own the P&L for a multimillion dollar marketing channel (e.g. Email, Paid Search, SEO, Display Ads, TV, Online Video, Social Media). Marketing is different here; budgets aren’t set by someone in finance. At Wayfair, channel owners have unlimited budgets to spend on advertising campaigns. You will thus be responsible for setting your own targets for ad spend and revenue/ROI and be accountable for hitting those targets to the CEO. You will lead a team of 5+ business analysts and managers to develop campaign strategies, launch new campaigns, and optimize your portfolio of campaigns. To do so, you will develop and own a robust campaign testing and product roadmap. You will work closely with our in-house Creative team to improve our creative assets and test them using our A/B testing tools. You will identify opportunities to optimize your existing campaigns, explore new and innovative ideas by participating in “Alpha” partnerships with leading Media/Advertising firms like Facebook, Google, Pinterest, leverage targeting and personalization data from our in-house Data Science teams, and ultimately think like a product owner, developing automated solutions with our AdTech team to scale your efforts.
- Program Marketing: You will be responsible for owning and running one of the discrete programs, services or businesses owned by the Marketing team. Examples include B2B Marketing, our loyalty program (MyWay), Wedding Registry, Consumer Financing products, and more. These roles provide end-to-end business ownership as you’ll manage profit and loss for your business, develop and execute a long-term strategic roadmap, identify and exploit new opportunities through A/B testing, and evaluate third party vendor and partnership opportunities. You will be leading a cross-functional team of marketers, business development professionals, product managers and engineers while also working closely with Data Science, AdTech, Customer Insights and others to drive your business to new heights.
- Vertical Marketing: You will develop and drive the end-to-end growth strategy for one of our highest priority product verticals (e.g. Mattresses, Lighting). You are primarily a strategist: identifying, prioritizing, and driving the highest impact opportunities to grow your business. You’ll develop your own growth ideas, conduct back-of-envelope sizing estimates to estimate impact, and then validate through A/B testing through our core marketing channels. Your work will be highly cross-functional; you will regularly engage with leaders in marketing as well as Vendor Management, Merchandising, Operations, Data Science, AdTech and others to execute your strategies.
What You'll Need
- 7+ years’ experience in consulting, investment banking, and/or corporate strategy with a heavy analytical emphasis and advanced Excel skills; MBA preferred with 1+ years of post-MBA experience
- Comfortable in a high growth, entrepreneurial, and ambiguous environment
- Collaborative team player who wants to see themselves and others thrive
- Senior presence, ability to clearly and consistently work side-by-side across functions and departments synthesizing multiple points of view into a coherent action plan with senior leaders
- “Get stuff done” attitude – Able to roll up your sleeves and take on whatever comes your way
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style based on the audience
- 1+ years management experience, including success in building and scaling teams
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top