Lead Photographer - Photo Studio - Kassel (m/f)
Wayfair is seeking a full-time lead photographer in our Kassel warehouse with an eye for home lifestyle photography to execute top quality digital photography. Working in close collaboration with the all areas of the business, this individual will ensure that the work coming from the photo studio meets our brand standards and provides a great visual experience for our customers.
Compelling visual imagery is a vital aspect of the Wayfair customer experience, and this person will be critical in delivering on our photography goals. Because of the highly deadline-driven nature of the position, our photography studio is a constantly-operating, fully-booked business vs. a project-oriented or agency-driven business; candidates who are problem solvers and who thrive on being busy and doing phenomenal work with limited resources will do extremely well in this environment. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing, dynamic organization that is doing cutting edge work for the world’s fastest growing retail brands for your home.
*****To be considered for this role you must submit a portfolio for review*****
- An online photography portfolio that demonstrates command of applied techniques and an in-depth knowledge of digital photography, lighting, composition, color quality, and aesthetics
- Curate shoots using existing product and a created list of props
- Is comfortable wearing many "hats"; photographer, assistant, stylist
- Lead a small team of photographers
- Ensure consistent execution against creative briefs, while ensuring daily and weekly production goals are met and exceeded
- Set a tone for high quality photography standards and produce high quality photography consistent with our brand standards
- Setup proper lighting, with or without specific art direction, shoot to color accuracy and balance exposure for each shot
- Partner with Art Director to ensure that photography assets meet and exceed business goals
- Degree or professional qualification in photography
- Significant experience in studio photography, preferably in retail, catalog advertising is a plus
- Advanced lighting skills such as strobe and continuous
- Knowledge of all photographic formats and files
- Knowledgeable in a variety of color management and photo/video equipment
- Knowledge of wide variety of digital photo systems, software and workflows
- Technical knowledge of camera types, image processing and color temperature/balancing
- Candidates with exposure to a high throughput environment will have an advantage
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top