Lead Lighting Artist
- Boston, MA
Who We Are:
The 3D Visualization team is a rapidly growing and changing division within Wayfair that is revolutionizing how imagery is created. This group is working on highly visible projects which drive innovation and market competitiveness daily for Wayfair. Our team’s ability to inspire customers through creating high quality and inspirational imagery is a core differentiator for our company.
We are looking for a Lead Lighter to achieve our goals of producing beautiful and impactful imagery at scale. This individual will lead a large team of ~30 artists and several supervisors, and must have experience managing a fast-paced, production oriented, CG team focused on ArchViz renderings of Wayfair’s products. We are seeking someone who will motivate and inspire artists to produce great images. Someone who will conceptualize and execute on process and technical workflows, specifically related to photo realism and image outputs.
This lead artist will be critical to the team’s ability to scale and evolve with the business needs, as well as provide guidance to other managers. Successful applicants will be highly-driven and comfortable with constant change, and will be able to rigorously prioritize work as business needs evolve.
What You'll Do:
- Manage the 3D art team's output and deliverables, including setting goals, managing workflows and improving lighting techniques to meet business expectations and continually push the bar on photo-realism.
- Collaborate with Art & Creative Directors to develop standards and implement best practices to quickly output high quality imagery.
- Art direct for imagery for lighting and photo realism.
- Partner with business stakeholders to prioritize and manage team expectations.
- Identify, mentor and develop leadership talent.
What You'll Need:
- Working knowledge of 3DS Max and V-ray is preferred.
- Expertise in leading teams in creating photo-real CG assets.
- Strong management skills, and interest in interior design.
- 5+ years managing large groups of technical CG artists.
- Ability to mentor teams’ work, including setting priorities and thinking outside of the box for unconventional solutions to large scale challenges.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work successfully within and across teams. Able to build relationships at all levels in the organization.
- Self-motivated and proactive. Makes sound business decisions even when faced with ambiguity and competing priorities
- Nuke compositing experience a plus.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top