Lead Data Analyst – Lifestyle Brands Promotions
Wayfair is seeking an analytical, highly quantitative, and high energy individual to lead growth strategy and analytics for Lifestyle Brands Promotions (AllModern, Joss & Main, and Birch Lane which are part of Wayfair’s ‘family of brands’).
As part of the Profit Management team you will focus on balancing the critical trade-off between short- and long-term profit and top-line growth across Wayfair’s sites, geographies, and categories. Profit Management has a big appetite for bold ideas, a strong bias for action, and provides a distinct opportunity to drive high impact decisions with unique executive-level visibility. As the owners of Wayfair’s pricing, promotions, and related algorithms, Profit Management develops/tests into pricing strategies that support our growth plan, manages the related impact for the broader ecosystem of algorithms at Wayfair, and works closely with cross-functional partners to ensure that the merchandising, marketing, and operational strategies are aligned. We are looking for candidates who are excited about thinking critically about business strategy, analyzing large sets of data and experimenting, demystifying how key algorithms work and influence each other, and collaborating with a cross-functional group of business partners on high-impact initiatives.
What You'll Do
- Develop the next generation promotional platform for the Lifestyle Brands (AllModern, Joss & Main, Birch Lane) which generates incremental profit dollars while increasing customer engagement / repeat spend.
- Through rigorous experimentation, analyze ROI tradeoffs between various promotional tactics (e.g. flash deals, promotional % off codes, bundling) to craft optimal promotional strategy for tightly curated specialty e-commerce brands.
- Create the playbook for personalized promotions and identify opportunities to increase traffic to promotions through paid and free marketing channels
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional partners across Promotions, Category Management, Marketing, Algorithms, and Engineering teams
What You’ll Need
- 3+ years of work experience in analytical, consulting, technology, startup, or strategy roles
- Strong communication skills - ability to summarize results and influence cross-functional stakeholders
- Technical in nature; Advanced Excel skills and prior experience or an interest in SQL
- Strong quantitative skills - ability to develop analytical methodologies and assumptions, use data software to conduct the analyses, and synthesize findings
- Intellectually curious, with a strong work ethic and a desire to work in a fast-paced, high stakes team environment
- Bachelor's degree in economics, math, statistics, engineering, business or related field is a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top