- Boston, MA
Who We Are:
The 3D Visualization team is a new and rapidly growing and changing team within Wayfair. The team is working on highly visible projects and is driving innovation daily for Wayfair. We are the team responsible for revolutionizing the imagery available to our customers. The team is in need of highly driven and motivated individuals; it is important that applicants are comfortable with constant change and rigorous prioritization of work.
The Lead compositor will guide and mentor a growing team of artists both in-house and off-shore, must have expert technical skills in Nuke and have a portfolio to show for it. We are looking for someone who is an authority in 3d compositing and has the vision to create technical systems which will enable the team to iterate quickly on work. This leader will be critical to the team’s ability to scale as quickly as we have planned.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with senior team members to develop standards and best practices in order to fix and optimize 3DS Max output.
- Implement and monitor QA standards.
- Improve and maintain the bar for product accuracy and realism
- Identify, mentor and develop talent both in-house and with select off-shore partners
- Create, acquire, and make accessible tools and templates — as the focus is both efficiency and quality.
- Work with other development teams to lead the industry in automation and technological advances
What You’ll Need:
- Expert knowledge of 2d compositing in Nuke.
- Strong 2d skills and strong attention to detail,; must have a strong sense of lighting and composition.
- 3+ years management experience of artists.
- Innovative and forward-thinking; we need someone who is actively imagining the next “big thing” in this role.
- Ability to mentor and coach junior team members on best practices and quality improvements.
- Help building new tools and setting up a robust 2d compositing pipeline.
- Create clear documentation for onboarding of new artists
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills. Proven ability to work successfully within and across teams. Able to build relationships at all levels in the organization.
- Self-motivated and proactive. Make sound business decisions even when faced with ambiguity and competing priorities.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top