Various locations throughout the United States
Wayfair is redefining the way customers buy online and one of the key pillars of that strategy is to create a truly differentiated customer experience for large parcel items (e.g., couches, vanities). To enable this differentiated experience, Wayfair is investing heavily to create the first-ever national large parcel supply chain all the way to the consumer’s home. This is an exciting, fast-paced, and high-visibility initiative and we are looking for leaders who can help disrupt the status quo and redefine an industry.
Launch Supervisor - Large Parcel Home Delivery Operations will play a key leadership role in this strategic initiative, helping to develop and run a network of best-in-class asset-based final mile sites within the US and Canada. This candidate must be able to thrive in an extremely fast-paced environment with Wayfair growing at an unprecedented 50% year over year. This is a highly visible and exciting role for the company and one that will offer the right candidate an opportunity to reshape one of our core operational functions.
- Create a culture of safety and productivity at a new site launch
- Develop and manage a warehouse team to launch our brand-new Home Delivery Operations sites across the country
- Directly influence a team of site leaders, warehouse staff and Home Delivery Concierges during a new building launch
- Provide developmental plans and opportunities to a warehouse supervisor to develop their bench
- Train and provide consistent structure to the office staff in a launch and support environment
- Report KPIs on terminal performance and team’s performance to Terminal Leadership
- Drive consistency of process and execution among terminals
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure effective execution of building launches
- Create templates and tools to structure information and data for project documentation
- Supervising the functions and working of the warehouse workers. This is a floor position, and will involve physical movement of product along with supervisory duties.
- Delegating and assigning tasks and targets and evaluating the working of the staff
- Adhering to the compliance of all legal and safety procedures.
- Managing the inventory. Work areas include: receipt, pick, pack, ship and return of product.
- Supervising proper shift allocations and ensuring efficiency of all warehouse staff.
- Organizing and conducting necessary training activities for the staff and workers
- Ensuring the proper functioning of all warehouse tools and equipment.
- Coordinating movement of product to OIR, QA, or Medic operation as needed
- Ensuring correct orders are staged and ready for delivery
- Safe operation of all equipment, including Powered Industrial Truck operations (PITO), hand tools, and other equipment in the operation
- Operate equipment as necessary
- Must be able to travel ~90% of the time
- Proven track record building and maintaining a dynamic and high executing team
- BA/BS, with strong academic record or equivalent experience
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- 3-5 years of logistics and supply chain experience
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong negotiation skills
- Extremely organized, meticulous and detailed oriented
- Ability to work effectively with people in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to lead discussions and communicate effectively
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Knowledge of the safety and legal documentation processes for handling related warehouse activities (MSDS, Equipment checklist, BOL)
- Certified, or ability to be certified on PITO equipment
- Working understanding of WMS system
- Should have excellent leadership and administration skills and abilities
- Strong motivational skills and effectual team building and decision making
- Ability to effectively manage time, resolve crisis and decision making
- Ability to efficiently coordinate workings with internal and external workers of the company
- Ability to work multiple shifts and occasional weekend shifts during peak season
Back to top