Junior Software Engineer - PHP (m/f)
We're looking for a passionate full-stack engineer who loves to solve complex problems, learns fast, shares knowledge, and balances generating business value and reducing technical debt.
Our growing cross-functional engineering teams extend the e-commerce platform with an eye towards efficiency and scalability, impacting the business in real-time.
You would focus on supply chain, inventory management, product catalog,or customer-facing applications creating pleasant experiences that exceed customer expectations.
- Build web-based, PHP centric, applications that are robust, scalable, and elegant
- Solve a wide range of challenging business problems extending the competitive advantage that separates Wayfair from other online retailers
- Work on a diverse group of systems that covers everything in the web stack – frontend tools, batch and event-driven processing
- Work with several large and complex SQL databases and queries
- Develop algorithms to streamline back end business workflow
- Contribute to architectural and code review discussions impacting our engineering ecosystem
- Few years of experience of object-oriented web development - ideally PHP
- Experience working with relational database management systems
- Desire to work in an agile environment
- Interest in being challenged in a fast-paced environment while having fun
- Analytical and creative mindset and passion for solving business problems with technology
- Good communication skills and willingness to collaborate with other engineering teams
We are looking forward to your application, ideally including code samples (e.g. on GitHub)
And finally, our proposition to you!
Of course, the usual competitive salary, bonus and we share the company with you in stock units
We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership not only in the Berlin office, but also with Boston, London and Galway
We offer a vast selection of classes through our learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development.
We want you to connect with your team and fellow colleagues through regular social events
We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top