IT Support Engineer
- Euskirchen, Germany
Wayfair is looking to grow our Corporate IT team by bringing on board a talented individual who wants broad exposure to the technologies that support our desktop computing and technical warehouse infrastructure as well as our large-scale Internet e-commerce platform.
What You’ll Do:
- Providing second and third-level support to our employees for all IT-related concerns, which includes supporting and troubleshooting technologies such as: Windows 10, Windows Server 2008, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, File/Print Services, Spam/Virus Protection, VOIP telephony, CISCO networking and our own proprietary software
- Preparing, repairing and deploying desktop computers, warehouse technologies (such as wired and wireless scan guns, packing stations) and other office equipment.
- Experience with deploying software\imaging with System Center Configuration Manager added
- Database administration SQL.
- Maintaining and expanding edge network switch gear
- Managing, monitoring and troubleshooting daily batch and backup processes
- Helping with the planning and deployment of new and upgraded products
- Helping to seek out and implement ways to make a system or process more efficient
- Warehouse management system application support.
What You’ll Need:
- BA or BS degree from a 4-year college or university or equivalent experience
- One to two years of current IT Support Experience
- SQL scripting experience a plus
- Prior warehouse operations/warehouse management system experience a plus
- A high degree of technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- A strong sense of customer service, attention to detail and desire for organization
- Experience in a helpdesk or other service-oriented IT role a large plus
- Solid understanding of Microsoft technologies
- Active directory experience, including Group Policy Objects and User Profiles
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and prioritize appropriately
- Unix/Linux (particularly FreeBSD/CentOS) knowledge/interest a plus
- Familiarity with email, FTP and HTTP technologies a plus
- Scripting ability, especially using Powershell, VBScript and/or PHP, a large plus
Other traits we look for:
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- An analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- An interest in working hard and being challenged in a fast-paced environment, and having fun while doing it
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top