Inventory Planner - Inventory Planning & Strategy - Ecommerce (M/F)
- Berlin, Germany
Inventory Planner – Inventory Planning & Strategy - Ecommerce (M/F)
Wayfair.de and .co.uk has Europe’s largest online selection of furniture, home furnishings, décor and goods including more than 1.8 million products from over 3,500 suppliers across the EU and is consistently increasing.
The EU CastleGate Inventory Planning team works in close partnership with over 200 suppliers to carefully select and forward position top selling items in the right quantities and the right place to drive sales growth and increase customer satisfaction. Launched in 2014, we pair cutting-edge technology with unparalleled support to offer a complete suite of fulfillment services including warehousing and inventory management; pick, pack and ship; as well as custom product photography.
Wayfair’s CastleGate team is looking for a driven, confident Inventory Planner with strong attention-to-detail, the ability to consider the bigger picture when executing quantitative tasks and effective communication skills to join the Inventory Planning function. This team is at the forefront of building an innovative and scalable business strategy for Wayfair to achieve business growth of 3-4x. You will be part of a team that partners with internal account managers as well as with our suppliers to grow their business with Wayfair.
As the Inventory Planning team interfaces with both internal Wayfair stakeholders and our suppliers, you will develop insights to influence suppliers’ product assortment, production, supply chain and operations. Other focus areas include financial analysis and decision-making related to inventory replenishment and purchasing, managing excess inventory, promotional buys and improving overall inventory efficiency. You will leverage a strategic and analytical mindset to continually improve our fulfillment program.
- Manage a portfolio of supplier accounts, and develop and execute strategies to optimize sales, turns and in-stock rates that are reflective of supplier goals
- Communicate directly with suppliers and internal stakeholders to ensure follow-through on replenishment orders and inventory commitments, determine root-cause of account road-blocks and work collaboratively to develop sustainable, long-term strategies to grow the business
- Monitor key performance indicators, identify trends and drive corrective actions
- Manage efficient inbound inventory flows and stock health, including forecasting, purchasing, and removing aged inventory
- Conduct and assist with ad-hoc analyses to improve business decisions and drive progress
Skills & Qualifications required:
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in supply chain or inventory management is required
- Previous work experience with a strong focus on quantitative & analytical work
- Outstanding communication & persuasion skills to interact successfully with our internal stakeholders and suppliers
- Advanced experience with Excel required
- Preferably, fluency in one of our main supplier languages, i.e. German, Polish, French or Chinese
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements & role definition
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in a related or quantitative subject
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top