Interior Design Internship Position
- Boston, MA
Interior Design Internship Position
Our dedicated team delivers creative custom solutions for large-scale B2B projects. Whether the customer is a corporate office client, a national property management firm, or a large hospitality group we have the resources to create a space that matches their vision, budget, and timeline. As an Interior Design Intern on the Design Team within the Business Solutions Group, you would be immersed in all aspects of the design process and would gain hands on experience working with real clients, on nationwide projects. For candidates looking to fulfill required internship hours, they will have the opportunity to be paired with senior designers within a specific vertical upon request.
What You'll Do
- Utilize AutoCAD or Revit to generate floor plans, furniture layouts and install plans.
- Maintain design library.
- Communicate with suppliers and manufacturers on sample requests, product lead times and pricing.
- Prepare client-facing presentations including Product Catalogs, Design Proposals, and Standard Packages using Adobe Creative software.
- Design support and creative assistance for client projects (site analysis, floor plans, CAD renderings, color palettes, design plans, mood-boards)
- Create Trend Reports to present and share findings with Design Team.
- Collaborate with other Business Solutions Group team members and Business Account Manager on large projects.
What You'll Need
- Currently enrolled in College perusing a degree in Interior Design
- Proficiency in Revit or AutoCAD is required.
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign & Photoshop – Additional proficiency in Bluebeam Revu and Microsoft Excel is a plus.
- Creative mindset with ability to demonstrate an understanding of basic design principles and execute on customer’s vision.
- Knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials within Interior Design industry
- Ability to work with a cohesive team and maintain a positive, enthusiastic attitude is key!
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment & are consistently looking for ways to think outside-the-box
- Orientation for detail, while learning and working at a fast pace.
- Genuine desire to learn, ask questions, and gain as much experience (be a sponge)
- Self-motivated; takes initiative, must be proactive and figure things out on your own
- Able to prioritize tasks and handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously (staying organized)
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top