Industrial Engineering Intern- Summer 2020
- McDonough, GA
The Industrial Engineering Intern at Wayfair will support the warehouse operations teams and management by performing data analyses and making recommendations to management on process improvements. General activities will include the following:
- Observe current activities and provide work measurement data through time studies and data mining.
- Provide recommendations for process improvements by instituting new work methods, eliminating waste, and layout revisions.
- Document current and proposed work methods by creating and updating standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Support, design, and execute labor management reporting used to drive improvement.
- Assist in execution of projects including communication, research, interaction with vendors, and hands-on work on the warehouse floor.
- Perform ad-hoc activities as needed. This may include working with outside contractors on new equipment recommendations, and supporting the management team on the planning and opening of new facilities.
The Ideal Candidate will have the following skills:
-Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access).
-Working knowledge of AutoCAD/SQL and/or MOST a plus.
-Must be able to communicate effectively with hourly workers as well as management.
-Effective time management with the ability to multi-task.
-Detailed oriented, self-motivated, creative
This position will be local to the McDonough (South of Atlanta) area with minimal travel possible. Working hours will typically be 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or 9 a.m. to 6 p.m Monday through Friday. This internship will run from May-August.
Back to top